Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And there's nothing they should be able to do about it. It's his property he can do with it what he wants. It is not his duty to make his neighbors money.

Unless he is physically disrupting the lives of his neighbors they should mind there own business.
    “butt” when you cause others issue with your actions in some fashion you are going outside the lines.
    My freedoms stop where yours start. Easy to twist this up and yes I get it’s but I would never do this to my neighbors.
    Just because you “CAN” does not mean it’s OK to **** up every one else.

this can be discussed in both sides of the fence. Kind of iffy.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    “butt” when you cause others issue with your actions in some fashion you are going outside the lines.
    My freedoms stop where yours start. Easy to twist this up and yes I get it’s but I would never do this to my neighbors.
    Just because you “CAN” does not mean it’s OK to **** up every one else.

this can be discussed in both sides of the fence. Kind of iffy.
    I wouldn't do it either.
    He is not impacting other people's freedoms, the same can't be said of the people who would want to control him.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Per zillow, this house:
    1645555461490.png

1645555503647.png

Home values all seem to be in the same range, regardless of the pink house. Assessment has gone up 30% in the last few tax years. House sold for $318 in 2018, and is now valued over $500K.

Neighbor is valued at $503K (Zillow). Assessed at $297K, up from $275K in 2018. Neighbors on either side are smaller ranches. The pink house is larger and appears to either have 2 levels are very high ceilings.

Really nothing for sale in the neighborhood, so hard to find actual selling prices.

My only advice:
    - If you want to live on top of your neighbors, and want to control their actions, buy in an HOA
    - If you want to live on top of your neighbors, and don't want your neighbors to control YOUR actions, don't buy in an HOA

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Seriously. Come on Amigo would you buy a house within sight of this thing. I would not. Does that loose value..?? Maybe not but it sure makes it hard to sell your place in proximity.
    I would live next him sooner than I would live surrounded by people that would sue me because my grass was 1/8 of an inch taller than their arbitrary standard.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Per zillow, this house:
    View attachment 183351

View attachment 183352

Home values all seem to be in the same range, regardless of the pink house. Assessment has gone up 30% in the last few tax years. House sold for $318 in 2018, and is now valued over $500K.

Neighbor is valued at $503K (Zillow). Assessed at $297K, up from $275K in 2018. Neighbors on either side are smaller ranches. The pink house is larger and appears to either have 2 levels are very high ceilings.

Really nothing for sale in the neighborhood, so hard to find actual selling prices.

My only advice:
    - If you want to live on top of your neighbors, and want to control their actions, buy in an HOA
    - If you want to live on top of your neighbors, and don't want your neighbors to control YOUR actions, don't buy in an HOA
    Bingo.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I just really doubt that if it was your $30,000, and maybe more, you guys would really be cool with this. It is easy to say when real money is not on the line.
    It doesn't matter if I'm cool with someone's actions on their own property, as long as they are not physically interfering in someone's life. I don't think that is what you are understanding.

What if the HOA says you are not allowed to have a firearm in you home or vehicle? It is a big jump but really not.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    It doesn't matter if I'm cool with someone's actions on their own property, as long as they are not physically interfering in someone's life. I don't think that is what you are understanding.

What if the HOA says you are not allowed to have a firearm in you home or vehicle? It is a big jump but really not.
    There are HOAs now that control flag poles, window air-conditioners, what kind of vehicle can be parked in your driveway, and when and how long your garage door can be open. It's not as big of a jump as you might think. Especially in this current political environment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are HOAs now that control flag poles, window air-conditioners, what kind of vehicle can be parked in your driveway, and when and how long your garage door can be open. It's not as big of a jump as you might think. Especially in this current political environment.
    And one has to choose to live in that situation. My SIL found out how overbearing and HOA can be as did my dad. I can only say do your research. Know what you are getting into before you sign that stack of documents.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    And one has to choose to live in that situation. My SIL found out how overbearing and HOA can be as did my dad. I can only say do your research. Know what you are getting into before you sign that stack of documents.
    If one truly knows and agrees to the terms then yes it is on them. Unfortunately, once the yard nazis get a taste of power these things can and do spiral out of control.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    It's not always a choice. I know of 2 people that bought houses in the same new subdivision and the HOA came 2 years later. One had a boat and ended up having to rent storage at a marina because he was no longer allowed to keep it at his house.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If one truly knows and agrees to the terms then yes it is on them. Unfortunately, once the yard nazis get a taste of power these things can and do spiral out of control.
    Yes, I have seen it with friends and families.
    Some people should not be allowed control outside their own families.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom