• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yep, if you join an HOA you should be prepared to participate and not be a freeloader. No one made anyone join the HOA. If one wants the protection of an HOA, one must be willing to work for it. If one does not want an HOA they should not buy into one.

It is good many of you know you do not want an HOA, but it is unlikely you will ever get a newer house unless you build one out in the country, which is super expensive nowadays…
    So I guess all your complaining about government overreach is going to stop, because after all you chose not to get involved and remain a silly freeloader.

I'm not about limiting people's freedoms.
    Call me crazy I guess.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So I guess all your complaining about government overreach is going to stop, because after all you chose not to get involved and remain a silly freeloader.

I'm not about limiting people's freedoms.
    Call me crazy I guess.
    An HOA is NOT government. It is an agreement between property owners as to how they will live. You can choose to live with an HOA or choose not to. No one can choose to live without the feds no matter how much we wish we could.

If SHTF and CM invited a bunch of us to share a compound, would there not be an agreement as to how we would all live together? That is an HOA.

Think those tough individual ranchers that opened the Wild West did not have agreements as to how they would live together? Think they lived in anarchy? Nope, they had agreements, and still do.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Yep, if you join an HOA you should be prepared to participate and not be a freeloader. No one made anyone join the HOA. If one wants the protection of an HOA, one must be willing to work for it. If one does not want an HOA they should not buy into one.

It is good many of you know you do not want an HOA, but it is unlikely you will ever get a newer house unless you build one out in the country, which is super expensive nowadays…
    It's just as expensive to live under HOA. I'm not going to pay annual dues, to belong to a dictatorship.
    I purchased a home, to do as I please. If I want to paint my house purple with yellow polka dots, I will.
    If my wife wants a raised flower bed that covers our front yard, I will. If I'm not feeling well, and my grass happens to grow a 1/4" over the strict guideline, while puking my guts out...too bad. If my grass turns brown, it's my grass and now it won't grow over that guideline.
    When it's time to change my oil, it will be done in my drive.
    If I wanted someone else to dictate and control my life, I would become a Liberal.
    My freedom isn't for sale.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    An HOA is NOT government. It is an agreement between property owners as to how they will live. You can choose to live with an HOA or choose not to. No one can choose to live without the feds no matter how much we wish we could.

If SHTF and CM invited a bunch of us to share a compound, would there not be an agreement as to how we would all live together? That is an HOA.

Think those tough individual ranchers that opened the Wild West did not have agreements as to how they would live together? Think they lived in anarchy? Nope, they had agreements, and still do.
    That's a cult.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This is about living in subdivisions on small close lots where you neighbors can intrude on you and can make things unsightly. The neighbors are losing market value because many folks will not buy next to this guy and some will not buy in the neighborhood he is in. He is literally costing his neighbors money and there is nothing they can do about it.

View attachment 183325

I'm thinking that painting a roof like that is going to cause some real issues with how well those shingles do their job, but I am not a roofer, nor do I play one on TV.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's just as expensive to live under HOA. I'm not going to pay annual dues, to belong to a dictatorship.
    I purchased a home, to do as I please. If I want to paint my house purple with yellow polka dots, I will.
    If my wife wants a raised flower bed that covers our front yard, I will. If I'm not feeling well, and my grass happens to grow a 1/4" over the strict guideline, while puking my guts out...too bad. If my grass turns brown, it's my grass and now it won't grow over that guideline.
    When it's time to change my oil, it will be done in my drive.
    If I wanted someone else to dictate and control my life, I would become a Liberal.
    My freedom isn't for sale.
    And you have every right to choose to live that way, and I support that right. I choose to safeguard my money by having an agreement with my neighbors they will not paint their house pink…

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Governing is Governing. You can pretend that the rules are just a simple agreement between the property owners, but if that was the case there would be nothing to enforce.

Enjoy your HOA, I'll enjoy my Freedoms or at least what's left of them.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    And you have every right to choose to live that way, and I support that right. I choose to safeguard my money by having an agreement with my neighbors they will not paint their house pink…
    Wait. You support the right to live that way? Then what the hell is this thread about? You are literally complaining about someone living that way.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    That is what I would like as well. BUT, if I have to live twenty feet from the next house, I want an agreement as to how we will live.
    Great. So move to a neighborhood with an HOA. Why do you feel the need to convince the rest of the members here they need to do the same, or that somehow they need an HOA to protect them from stuff like this?

Side note: I'd rather live next to pink houses then listen to the John Mellencamp song of the same name. Yuck.

ETA: posted that last bit before seeing DD's Johnny Cougar reference.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    theyre-absolutely-horrible-horrible.gif

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    This is about living in subdivisions on small close lots where you neighbors can intrude on you and can make things unsightly. The neighbors are losing market value because many folks will not buy next to this guy and some will not buy in the neighborhood he is in. He is literally costing his neighbors money and there is nothing they can do about it.

View attachment 183325

Prove that his color choice has lowered anyone's market value.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom