• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    -Left hand, prying something with a knife slit my hand open 4" thumb knuckle to index finger knuckle.

-left foot wiped out on a razor scooter.

-left side of neck, tumor.

-left arm, marshmallow that was on fire and flung on my arm.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    When I was, dunno, about 8 I guess? one evening about 8 pm I was riding my bike down hill as fast as I could on the road (Coffey Hill for you Brown County types), the bike started shimmying, next thing I knew kissed a pine tree with my forehead. One of the neighbors saw/heard it, carried me back to my house. I don't think I cried until mom showed me my face in the mirror and I saw all the blood running down. Went to the doctor's office (get this, they called the family doctor at his home and he came to the office), he stitched me up. Had vertical scar on forehead for years, but it had faded by the time I was in my twenties -- could only see it when the light hit it just right. Next day after the accident I straightened out the front wheel on the bike and rode the exact same route as fast as I could. Minus the crash.

When I think of that, I figure if that happened like that now-a-days Child Protective Services would lock up my parents, my parents would sue the doctor, the bike manufacturer, the guy who carried me up the hill, AND the guy who owned the pine-tree, I would sue my parents for giving me the bike, and I'd be in counseling and foster homes until I was 18 or whatever, unless I shot up the high school first.

I gathered some other scars as a kid and boy scout; my adult scars are not nearly as fun -- gall bladder removal, mole removal -- except for the one on back of my left hand from barking it on the selector lever of my AK while running the bolt. :)

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Well, I have only one that is worth talking about.....

For those of you old enough to remember "Laugh-In", remember the guy on the trike ?????

Well I was on my bicycle, and hit a telephone pole, pretty fast, and slid forward off the seat, and hit a particular part of my

anatomy, on the bolt on the front, that holds the fork, and the steering together .....

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    I have one that goes across my entire forearm, got it from a bet in grade school.

Another one in my neck, just under my right ear from when I was stabbed.

And another one on my right hand from when a pencil went clean through my palm. I still have a discoloration from the lead.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Let's see, some of the more interesting.
    Lower right leg, had a 10 block section of tank track "jump" off a pallet when the bands were cut, fell about 36" and draped itself over my leg about 8" above my ankle. Compound fracture, pins, screws, plates, the whole nine yards.
    Left side of neck, had a spent 50 casing drop down the loader's hatch into my field jacket collar, while I was holding a live main gun round.
    Right shoulder, had a tank throw a track to the inside. Rather than breaking the track, maint decided to cut it then replace the end connectors and center guide. When they got 3/4 of the way through the last end connector, it gave and came out like a bullet. I was bent over and caught it on the top front of my shoulder. Sounded like a shot, felt like I'd been shot, reacted like I'd been shot, bled like a stuck pig. 27 stitches and shoulder reconstruction.
    When I was 11 or 12 I got shot in the upper left leg with a pellet gun. Rather than tell mom what happened, I dug it out myself.
    About 10, I was cutting a chunk of ring bologna. Grandma says "Be careful, that knife is...!" Too late, 5 stitches and a funky thumbprint.
    At 5 or 6 I ran into an open door head first. Split open from hairline to eyebrow. Don't have a clue how many stitches and the scar is barely visible.
    Numerous other smaller ones from nails, knives, and other sharp objects but nothing that really is noticeable unless you look really close.
    Yeah, I had an interesting time when I was younger.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    The tip of my left thumb is missing. I cut it off in a press in October of '89. It was my first stitches I ever had. I was 18 years old. Still work at the same place today. Only now, I watch where I put my fingers. -Jason

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    Left foot, stepped on a rusty nail. 2 inch scar where where neighbor kid hit me with a gardening hoe.
    Left knee, several small scars from bike riding accidents.
    Left butt, dog bite.
    Left hand, molten slag burn from when I worked in steel mill, just a small scar though as I was lucky.
    Left arm, dog bite multiple scars on forearm and bicep. Puncture and tears, missing part of back of the arm.
    Right leg, 7 inch burn on shin from being run over by a car and leg touching the engine.
    Back of leg multiple scars from sprocket of bike when my foot slipped off the pedal being chased by a dog. (not the same as the biter :dunno:
    Scar on chin and lip from a bike accident.

Countless other small scars not worth noting. Needless to say I had a fun childhood.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Lots of scars, but my favorite is on my left ring finger, nearly lost it in an accident at work. When the hand surgeon put everything back together he told me that rings take more fingers than anything and that if I continued to work around machinery I should ditch the ring. Then he gave the fragments back to me in an envelope. Went home and talked to the wife, she said that it wold be better for me to have all my fingers rather than wear a ring. The scar from the surgery is ring shaped in the place where the ring was so it's been permanent, just like my marriage of 36 years.:)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    2" scar right above and between my eyes. First time was chasing an angus cow in the dark and caught a strand of barbwire at a dead run. Landed on my back in the middle of a gravel road about 6' from the wire. Stitches after pruning the tear. One under my chin where I bounced it off the gravel drive when an 800 # trailer fell on me. Stitches to keep the fat in.
    Split the old scar between my eyes one night in a barracks in Germany. PAssed out while passing water after few too many liters of beer and cracked it on the porcelain god. Just butterflied that one closed. One under my right arm on my ribs where a nail ripped me as I jumped off a board fence when I was 7. Motorcycle abrasions both elbows, both knees, and the inside of the ball on my right foot where it was showing bone when I got to the emergency room. Some of y'all make me feel like a piker in this category.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Age 8 two inch scar inner right thigh from trying to jump a three strand barb wire fence (could have been MUCH worse )
    Age 16 three inch scar left hand palm from wrench slipping as I was replacing a fan belt.
    Age 20 four inch scar outside right thigh from an NVA round in south east Asia in 1968.
    Age 22 three inch scar over left eye received while expressing my opinion to someone who disagreed with my position (violently)
    Age 30 five inch scar behind right ear received during a slow pitch softball game ( involve a bat - don't ask for the details)
    Age 38 two inch scar inner left wrist obtained when the bow string broke on my Mathews Q2XL at a 3-D tournament
    Age 45 twelve inch scar right ankle occurred when riding my 2011 H.D. Road King became a contact sport with my best friends H.D. Heritage Softail.
    Age 60 three inch scar over right eye brow resulting from riding my mountain bike and using my face to break a fall when the bike went down on a trail.

All in all, still a pretty tame life.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    corner tip of finger, actually grew back.
    A small scar on my index finger from throwing glass as a kid.
    half a nail all screwed up from hitting it with a hammer and I didn't bother to poke it proper with a hot needle.
    Proud to say, I have never broken a bone (other than fingers or toes)

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Chin, I was about 8 when I jumped backwards into a pool and busted it open on the edge of the pool. Sometime in my 20's: On the top of my head, had an aluminum casting dropped at work. Right palm, caught it on the tailgate latch at work (same job as the casting.) I don't miss that job.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Lots of minor stuff, it's a pretty long list. Amazingly, I've somehow managed to never break a bone.
    Center of my chest at the top of my sternum: cyst removal at 5 yrs old.
    Chin: fell on neighbor's concrete steps when I was little (4-5?).
    Back of my head, up towards the top: Fell/was pushed (all depends on who you ask :) ) out of a window and fell onto landscape rock around the same time, 4-5 yrs old.
    Just to the right of my right eye: family dog jumped on me and scratched my face up pretty good, left one pretty deep scar just outside the eye socket.
    Inner right thigh: fell down into a crawlspace addition at my parent's house and was caught by a piece of reinforcing.
    Back of my right hand: two bad scrapes from a rough concrete wall I brushed up against while playing football at recess during elementary school.
    Right ring finger: knuckle just above the hand is bent and swollen from hitting a wall
    Right knee: dime-sized scar from a large piece of skin ripped out from a spill playing soccer in the school parking lot.
    Both shins: too many scars to count, both from my old soccer days and current weightlifting.
    Right middle finger: suture scars from putting my finger between an 8-lb hammer and the top of a rebar, also a newer but fading line from a slip with a utility knife last month. Really slight one on the tip from putting my finger between a 35 lb dumbell and the rack.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Oh, and... just looked at my right arm and saw a scar I had forgotten about.

Philmont Scout Ranch, I was 14, so about 1975 or so. At the cattle ranch waypoint, I got on one of those 55 gallon drum-rigged-with-bungee-cords-to-simulate-bull-riding contraptions. Four guys held down the corners, I got on, cinched the rope in my hand, said let'er rip.

They let go, I went up like a rocket, at top of the throw I went off over the front of the barrel and cut my arm on the front edge. Probably should have had stitches, but way far from the docs and ERs, just put a dressing on it and taped it down. Had a wide scar for a number of years, has faded some but still there.

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    Between lower lip and chin- 5, fell off of a chair and bit through lower lip from the outside in.

Right calf- 14, slid into second base wearing shorts and a 6" x 1.5" scrape developed a very nasty infection, landing me on my back for a week.

Below left knee- 16, working a grocery store, opening sack of 5-5# sacks of potatoes, box cutter went through apron, jeans and 1/4" deep into flesh

Left index finger- 17, working at same grocery store, cutting potatoes for wedges, knife slipped took a large portion of the pad of my index finger off, I have a very distinctive fingerprint

Inside left thigh- 36, cutting vinyl siding with a utility knife- it went all the way in.

You indefinably have a problem handling knives!!!!

SpiritClump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2015
    Middlebury
    Cool threat.
    I have a scar from my shoulder replacement surgery after someone knocked me on skis.
    My second scar is from when I had a pin implanted in my wrist when I broke it snowboarding.

Top Bottom