• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Small of back; lightning bolt shape, pulling weed with all my strength, it let go suddenly, I fell back into a bush stump neighbor had left cut at angle.

Right arm inside above elbow; reached into over for pizza that slipped off cardboard, touched wire rack... Hurt for a month.

Chin; running in class 1st grade, chin vs desk, desk won.

Numerous on arms and legs, I was a scab picked as a kid... Still am.

Bandsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Pike County
    I count ten still visible. Five before high school. First when I was about 4 and apparently let my younger brother try to shave me, like in the cowboy movies. It is still there, just not as prominent as it once was.
    One is an altered thumbprint from when a sixth grade science project with a dry cell battery and electromagnet I had constructed in class began to overheat. Had to jerk the wire loose from the battery, leaving a permanent scar.
    Most of the rest are farming related.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am amazed that people remember the ages when they earned their scars.

I don't even think I could list all of mine! Stitches in knuckle of pinky finger on right hand from washing a broken glass...seems to be a common issue so maybe we should all use disposable from now on. Another scar in center of the back of same hand where the goat rammed my hand into woven wire while milking her. Pencil lead still in palm of left hand from running with a pencil in elementary school and breaking it off in there. Stitches on left thumb from hatchet job...I am not allowed to chop kindling now. Scars on right knee that may still have gravel embedded in it from playing basketball in about 5th grade with a rough group of boys at recess. Scar on bottom of right foot from stepping on glass before age of five...we were throwing rocks in the manhole where some guy was working and I stepped down off of the curb onto glass. Jumped on a rusty nail during barn cleaning one year when dismounting the fence but I'm not sure if there is a scar from that. That was fun though.

There are some surgical scars but nothing too exciting there. Those are the most memorable but I'm sure there are many others. Kids played outside a lot when we were growing up and things happened. Emotional scars...those are the ones that really stick with us and shape who we become.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Right foot, stab wound.
    Lower abdomen, hernia scar.
    Right elbow, multiple scars, motorcycle crash, dislocated elbow. Nothing like your elbow at your shoulder.
    Right shoulder, rotator surgery
    Throat, cut when I was 10. Horse ran under a fence, he made it, I didn't.
    Right eyebrow, trunk lid then opened up again 2 weeks later by a beer bottle from a unlucky individual.
    Top of head, hit on cabinet bottom.
    Left shoulder, 3 rotator surgeries.
    Right calf, shrapnel from 45 acp from a Tommy gun. Splatter.
    Left index finger tip, smashed off by a Chevy 350 transmission. Squeezed together and sewn back on.
    That's just the main ones.
    Oh yeah, Right eye, fish hook went through the eye lid.
    Right little finger cut in half washing glass.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    [video=youtube;dLjNzwEULG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLjNzwEULG8[/video]

My most recent scar was from yard work. Pushing the mower I hit the shed and busted up my knuckle. A week later pushing the mower again and whacked the same place on the fence. Evidently I'm a slow learner :D

Top Bottom