• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    You can also reload the 7.62-54R cartridge to more tolerable levels of recoil. Of course you have to get boxer primed brass cases. I've been very pleased with the accuracy of even.308 dia. bullets. .310-.311 give best results.

Oh, yes! I've got a fairly mild load using 124 gr. bullets that even my wife can tolerate to shoot. It is also damn good coyote medicine.

hoosier44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    St. Joseph county IN
    I'm a 300 pound man, so recoil is not a concern....but Bisleyman is correct. these can be loaded to whatever you prefer. The factory ammo wont provide the fireballs (in a short barrel) you have to buy the gun show variety milsurp ammo for that, or load your own with a fine granular powder. I am itching to sporterize / tacti-size one of my model 38's Anybody want to weigh in ?? good stock suggestions? scope mounts? etc/

Electron don

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Evansville
    It's a no brainer.

Mosin Nagants are the best deal out there. I find the stock a litle short. I've been told that it was to allow for the heavy coats. ??? I added on a slip on butt pad which helped on my first one. I prefer the one made for them that replaces the metal buttplate and adds an inch. Mosin Nagant Parts and Accessories

Works well & looks good.

hoosier44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    St. Joseph county IN
    Mosin Nagants are the best deal out there. I find the stock a litle short. I've been told that it was to allow for the heavy coats. ??? I added on a slip on butt pad which helped on my first one. I prefer the one made for them that replaces the metal buttplate and adds an inch. Mosin Nagant Parts and Accessories

Works well & looks good.

Hey, thanks for that website Don! that will help alot :D

Top Bottom