• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I know I wont be popular for this but I kinda agree with him. I have a family one child that I love beyond anything. That being said we will not be having another. If we want another child we will adopt. Planned Parenthood is a good thing in my opinion. I don't think there needs to be a new law maybe just alot of education and research into new methods of birth control.
    I'm with you. This is one issue I have actually thought about a lot, and discussed at length with my wife. One of my contributions to future generations is a negative growth rate. In the short term, it means my girl gets more toys. In the long term, I hope she gets better access to ALL resources. Besides, if we want to share our lives with another child, there are already too many that are looking for a good home.

Of course, the difference between me and Ted is that *I* will not force my choices on *you*.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I know I wont be popular for this but I kinda agree with him. I have a family one child that I love beyond anything. That being said we will not be having another. If we want another child we will adopt. Planned Parenthood is a good thing in my opinion. I don't think there needs to be a new law maybe just alot of education and research into new methods of birth control.

But, do you agree with him in as far as government enforcement, such as in China's case, of population control measures?

You and I both agree on his funding of Planned Parenthood.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Ole Ted does have a point, but I am very tired of these rich guys who own mega properties sitting back and telling the rest of us how to live while he does absolutely everything that he pleases. Remember that this guy was once married to Hanoi Jane Fonda. Barbara Streisand is another like Turner. She travels from place to place in her giant deluxe motor home so she does not have to use a public toilet just to tell the rest of us to drive intelligent hybrid cars and to keep our thermostats down and our lights low all the while her compound has one of the most sophisticated security systems available. When these people live like the rest of us and the elected officials go onto the same health care system that they are trying to shove up my a$$ and put their retirement benefits into the social security pool that they are always trying to cut while theirs is secure, I will start listening to them. Until that time, rich guys, actors and politicians can all blow it out their noses.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    My wife and I have two beautiful daughters and I won't apologize to anyone or any .gov that says we shouldn't have had more than 1 for the good of the global community. My wife and I will die someday so our immediate family is a sum zero population growth however, I hope to have more than two grand children one day.

If I was nature, I'd just let it ride. We are dumb enough to kill ourselves off without nature having to intervene. I just wonder what Teddy is funding that isn't out in the public such as his support of Planned Parenthood. It would not surprise me if he and others are funding some R&D facility working on a "solution" to this problem that will probably blow up in all of our faces.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Ted Turner wants us to have a government so powerful that it can take away our reproductive rights. He would have no problem if laws were passed that allowed the government to forcibly abort pregnancies, fine the parents thousands of dollars, forcibly sterilize people, imprison those who disobeyed, and any number of other frightful ways to enslave populations. This stuff is pure evil.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I just wonder what Teddy is funding that isn't out in the public such as his support of Planned Parenthood. It would not surprise me if he and others are funding some R&D facility working on a "solution" to this problem that will probably blow up in all of our faces.
    Its already been Researched and Developed. It is being used on us openly.

1. Planned Parenthood is a good place to start. It was founded by a demonic eugenicist named Margaret Sanger. She wrote extensively on White Supremacy and deeply hated blacks. She advocated killing minorities, the mentally & physically handicapped, children of the unwed, and pretty much anybody else she could get away with. She dreamed of creating a "thoroughbred race." She wrote in her book that anybody of mixed race should be forcibly sterilized and put into forced labor camps. She used her Planned Parenthood news publication to spread Nazi-sympathizing propaganda. She wanted the government to force women to obtain a "permit" in order to get "legally" pregnant. Look up "Margaret Sanger quotes" for some real gems.
    Margaret Sanger said:
    "The most merciful thing that a family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."

"Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race."

"We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don't want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population…"

"Eugenic sterilization is an urgent need ... We must prevent multiplication of this bad stock."

"Eugenics is … the most adequate and thorough avenue to the solution of racial, political and social problems.

"Birth control itself, often denounced as a violation of natural law, is nothing more or less than the facilitation of the process of weeding out the unfit, of preventing the birth of defectives or of those who will become defectives."

"Our failure to segregate morons who are increasing and multiplying… a dead weight of human waste… an ever-increasing, unceasingly spawning class of human beings who never should have been born at all."

"The undeniably feeble-minded should, indeed, not only be discouraged but prevented from propagating their kind."

"The marriage bed is the most degenerative influence in the social order..."

"[Our objective is] unlimited sexual gratification without the burden of unwanted children..."

"[Mandatory] sterilization for [the insane and feeble-minded] is the answer."

"Give dysgenic groups [people with 'bad genes'] in our population their choice of segregation or [compulsory] sterilization."

"No woman shall have the legal right to bear a child… without a permit for parenthood".
    And now of course, Ted Turner and other billionaire eugenicists are donating millions of dollars to continue Margaret Sanger's vision and to push their depopulation agenda. Ted is in the company of George Soros, Bill Gates, & the Rockefeller family in funding Planned Parenthood.

2. Vaccines. It wouldn't make much sense to be funding mass-vaccination programs when you are somebody who openly wants 95% of the population to disappear - until you research. Ted Turner has spent billions of dollars towards vaccinating the third world. Vaccines are linked to increased infertility in humans and have been shown to be laced with birth-control drugs. This is not to mention the other short-term reactions and long term diseases associated with vaccinating.

Whether you think the "greater good" outweighs the deaths and disabilities of a few, really doesn't matter in this discussion. The practice of vaccinating has consequences, and lower fertility rates are one of them. You can also be comforted to know that Ted Turner, Bill Gates, the Rockefellers, George Soros, and the United Nations all have deep investments in getting the whole world vaccinated.

3. Sodium Fluoride has been added to our water supplies for years under the guise of "promoting dental health." Shouldn't we get a choice in the matter? And furthermore, Sodium Fluoride is a known poison. Its actually is used in rat and bug poisons. And your loving government is putting it in your water supply whether you want it or not. So it may or may not surprise you that Sodium Fluoride is known to cause infertility and other reproductive effects.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Huge plus 1! Carrying capacity isn't a "here and now" issue, it builds over time. It's the earth's ability to support it's population at CURRENT consumption levels. Technology has changed alot of the rules in that regard, but we ARE running out of resources. Full store shelves mean nothing in the whole picture of the situation our planet faces.

Conservation of mass, it's the law! is a rally cry of the shortsightedness of many's carrying capacity views, not understanding how long it takes for those resources to either come back or come back in a USABLE fashion.

That being said, however, I think there are too many people CONSUMING resources that they do not need: People driving SUVs and trucks and not hauling anything (nor will they) or resisting alternative energy sources on the basis of anything different than status quo is "libtarded". BUT, I will not agree with a government enforcement of consumption habits. Both are right in that free market system will introduce this change. But, governments can foul up the system by waging war over precious resources due to price spikes and cultural views of entitlement of those resources (such as Americans and oil).

Instead of fighting the rest of the world for oil and other precious resources, maybe truncating back consumption or coming up with alternative sources? :) I would love the idea of an America that uses oil for lubrication of machinery run by other fuel/energy sources! :)

Pursuit of Happiness. Not Pursuit of bare necessities.

FTR, I understand carrying capacity and the renewability of resources quite well. And I still call foul at the claims that we're at some critical juncture wherein a few short months of years the earth will suddenly no longer be able to support its population.

Besides, there's only concern about carrying capacity if your ultimate goal is the preservation of life. Nature has a way of evening things out. BUt you can't have your cake and eat it too without violating the laws of nature and/or the laws of man (as in natural laws, rights, liberties).

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Rambone - thanks for kicking out some really good and useful information. Rep coming your way.

On second thought, I'll have to hit you up later. Seems I have already repped you too recently my friend.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The green movement I'd designed to do nothing more than take control of the world. What is amazing is that the useful idiots at the bottom of the movement can't realize that by looking at the leaders lavish lifestyles and use of resources.

I can't comprehend the desire to control the world. I don't like being in control of 1 or 2 people under me, let alone the world. I hate being in leadership positions.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Its already been Researched and Developed. It is being used on us openly.

1. Planned Parenthood is a good place to start. It was founded by a demonic eugenicist named Margaret Sanger. She wrote extensively on White Supremacy and deeply hated blacks. She advocated killing minorities, the mentally & physically handicapped, children of the unwed, and pretty much anybody else she could get away with. She dreamed of creating a "thoroughbred race." She wrote in her book that anybody of mixed race should be forcibly sterilized and put into forced labor camps. She used her Planned Parenthood news publication to spread Nazi-sympathizing propaganda. She wanted the government to force women to obtain a "permit" in order to get "legally" pregnant. Look up "Margaret Sanger quotes" for some real gems.And now of course, Ted Turner and other billionaire eugenicists are donating millions of dollars to continue Margaret Sanger's vision and to push their depopulation agenda. Ted is in the company of George Soros, Bill Gates, & the Rockefeller family in funding Planned Parenthood.

2. Vaccines. It wouldn't make much sense to be funding mass-vaccination programs when you are somebody who openly wants 95% of the population to disappear - until you research. Ted Turner has spent billions of dollars towards vaccinating the third world. Vaccines are linked to increased infertility in humans and have been shown to be laced with birth-control drugs. This is not to mention the other short-term reactions and long term diseases associated with vaccinating.

Whether you think the "greater good" outweighs the deaths and disabilities of a few, really doesn't matter in this discussion. The practice of vaccinating has consequences, and lower fertility rates are one of them. You can also be comforted to know that Ted Turner, Bill Gates, the Rockefellers, George Soros, and the United Nations all have deep investments in getting the whole world vaccinated.

3. Sodium Fluoride has been added to our water supplies for years under the guise of "promoting dental health." Shouldn't we get a choice in the matter? And furthermore, Sodium Fluoride is a known poison. Its actually is used in rat and bug poisons. And your loving government is putting it in your water supply whether you want it or not. So it may or may not surprise you that Sodium Fluoride is known to cause infertility and other reproductive effects.

:yesway:

Rambone - thanks for kicking out some really good and useful information. Rep coming your way.

On second thought, I'll have to hit you up later. Seems I have already repped you too recently my friend.

I got him for you!

In the words of Hank Jr. "I'd like to spit some beachnut in that dudes eye, and shot him with my old .45"

Damn Straight, cause a country boy will survive!

If you want population control all you have to do is make people actually pay for and actually raise their own kids. That should cut it by 2/3 instantly.

:yesway: QFMFT

The green movement I'd designed to do nothing more than take control of the world. What is amazing is that the useful idiots at the bottom of the movement can't realize that by looking at the leaders lavish lifestyles and use of resources.

I can't comprehend the desire to control the world. I don't like being in control of 1 or 2 people under me, let alone the world. I hate being in leadership positions.

Leadership should be something people see in you through your natural actions, not a position you force yourself into.

Most people who are responsible in their actions and act honorably are looked to as leaders in the workplace, regardless of their actual position as worker or supervisor/manager.

I've noticed at pretty much every job I've had over the last 21 years both manual (residential construction, low voltage wiring, corrugated paper production, machine shop, maintenance man) and entry to mid level office jobs (data entry, IT, Engineering) most employees see supervisors/managers as puppets on a string and look to a senior member of the actual work force for actual leadership.

True leaders are people like LTC Allen West (see signature) who have led by example and stood by their principles for decades and move into politics because they can't stomach the breed of men who have overrun our government as career politicians.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I studied "global carrying capacity" back in college. Kinda scary, really. I'm not too sure how many more people we can support on this dirt ball.

This dirt ball can support billions more in my opinion. Humans only need a few things: Shelter to protect from dangerous elements/animals, food, and water. There really is nothing else needed. What interfers with basic human living is greed, desire, etc.. Those things do some good, and do some bad.

Look at all the wasted space when it comes to massive 4,000 sq. ft homes for a family of four? What about the food we throw out daily just in Indianapolis. It might not be the greatest of living, but humans could live in much smaller living quarters, and consume less food, and use less energy. Eventually the only energy we will have will come from the sun, more or less. We will have used up all the oil we can get too, and all elements that make nuclear power an option. When that happens, which I hear would be in about a thousand years when you factor in nuclear energy, then things would get somewhat rough.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Whatadumbchit...it's not the population hurting the environment. It's corporations who do not respect the environment and care for the resources, the waste, etc. but that will be inevitable. Like the quote in the Matrix:

"I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure." - Agent Smith

You're really quoting "Agent Smith" to support your viewpoint? This isn't true at all. Mammal populations all rise and fall in nature. Practically everything on this earth is cyclical.

What makes these elitists think that the human population won't rise and fall naturally based on the resources available?

One more thing that we do NOT need controlled for us.

Top Bottom