• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I was really hoping that Cruz would be nominated... and then butchered in the general. It's the only way for moderate Republicans to retake the party.

I think republicans viewed a Cruz nomination and defeat in the general election as a dagger in the back of the tea party faction. They were willing to sacrifice the presidency and countless potential supreme court nominations all to retain and increase the establishment ' s hold on the republican party. Think about that... and then ask yourself it these people truly represent the people they campaign too... or themselves.

I voted Trump, don't expect him to be better then the rest, but it was a vote cast in protest against the status quo. I also voted against every republican incumbent that was facing opposition. The only way to illicit change is demonstrating a willingness to send them home.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think republicans viewed a Cruz nomination and defeat in the general election as a dagger in the back of the tea party faction. They were willing to sacrifice the presidency and countless potential supreme court nominations all to retain and increase the establishment ' s hold on the republican party. Think about that... and then ask yourself it these people truly represent the people they campaign too... or themselves.

I voted Trump, don't expect him to be better then the rest, but it was a vote cast in protest against the status quo. I also voted against every republican incumbent that was facing opposition. The only way to illicit change is demonstrating a willingness to send them home.

I did this on the local level here.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I can live with that. There may be enough NeverTrumps out there that will soften once the general election race gets started. Maybe, when that starts, the contrast will be stark enough to even get me to change my mind. But from this vantage point, I don't see that happening. I thought the world would figuratively end when Obama got elected and reelected...and it didn't. Maybe we haven't finished our 40 years in the wilderness just yet.

Six of one, half dozen of another. Like caring about a Yankees-Mets Series...

I was really hoping that Cruz would be nominated... and then butchered in the general. It's the only way for moderate Republicans to retake the party.

In my day, we called those Democrats.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I did this on the local level here.

It always surprises me to see the overall approval ratings for congress, and then compare it against the specific representative in their district. Everyone is convinced it's everyone else sending a moron to DC and their guy isn't the problem. I truly hope more people fight the status quo... we need to take back the entire election process... not just the party.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Will it be the Trump/Clinton ticket or the Clinton/Trump, and is there really that much difference?

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Here they are...I can't help it that Indygal had her intergalactic androgynous bounty hunter outfit on....:)

1332301.jpg
    [/

Oh man! My nice intergalactic androgynous bounty hunter outfit was at the cleaners when this pic was taken!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Now it is time to concentrate on Hillary; I'm sure Trump won't hold back on Hillary like Romney held back on Obama.

Amen I say to thee.

If the ****ing GOP would have fought HALF as hard against Barry Sotero in 2012, Trump wouldn't even be in the race because Romney would be President!

We need to make the USA a priority, and once we do, then we can go back to squabbling about the whole bull **** left/right paradigm.

**** globalism. **** NAFTA. **** TPP. Free trade shouldn't mean we always get ****ed. And **** the banks, too!

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    ToasTED! I think he would make a great Attorney General or a replacement for Scalia.

Agreed!

I don't understand the hatred of him from both the left and the right, okay maybe the left. He defended the constitution and stuck to his guns. He wasn't a great candidate, too bad that is a requirement to win. The establishment hated him, that makes him okay in my book.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    ToasTED! I think he would make a great Attorney General or a replacement for Scalia.
    What color is the sky in your world?
    He was vilified, ridiculed, and placed on the pillar as the greatest evil ever.
    He had taken more garbage, filth and fecal material than any garbage collector could ever take.
    And you want to put him into a prestigious position as the Supreme Court Justice?
    Trump doesn’t think like that.
    Think profit.
    Think how can I put someone in there that I can benefit from or make a profit from.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

There's truth to that. I wouldn't wear it proudly though. I have to admit a little animus towards the "fiercely loyal" Trumpists. It's at least mitigated a little by the fact that Jeb! and the phat-ass-pussbag is out. When everyone was in the race those two were the Republicans I said I would absolutely not vote for. But I'm not thankful that better candidates were knocked out.

Top Bottom