• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Ted Cruz understands the difference between his personal opinions on certain things and what the role of the federal government ought to be on them. If you're a SJW (which I know you said you weren't IG), and you're wanting a candidate to promote that agenda through federal programs, laws, and policies, then Cruz will not be your guy. He's on record as stating gay marriage ought to be left to the states. He's not a legalize drugs guy but readily admits it ought to be left to the states to decide. Seems like I'd read where one of his biggest donors or somebody high in his campaign and/or an old friend (can't find the link right now) is gay. If you're of the opinion that (the almost charachatured now) cake baker ought to be be forced to bake a wedding cake for a homosexual marriage, that a person's religious beliefs ought to be left in the four walls of the church, and be subordinate to SJW cause de celebre, yeah, Cruz is not your guy.

If you believe people ought to be free to pursue their own happiness and the federal government ought to do what is allowed by the Constitution and nothing more, then Cruz is as close as we have supporting that in this election.

You're right (about my comment), I am not a SJW. And, I am not wanting a candidate to promote any agenda at all. I also don't think, for example, a baker should be forced to bake a cake for anyone; gay, straight, purple, etc. I pretty much agree with your last line. So, you may have just helped me make up my mind. :)

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Everything but one aside, you do not have a civic duty to vote today. What is going on is not a general election. This is strictly taxpayer funded party business that is going on. You would only have a "duty" if you were a member of one of the parties. Doesn't sound like you are. If your locale had a referendum issue on the ballot, or something similar you could go and vote on that alone, as I did this morning. But the primary is simply a pissing match between the dems and reps candidates. If you want to have some say in who they choose to run then I guess you could go out and vote in their business but, if you're not a dem or rep why would you? You have no duty to either of them.

Ok, I apparently misstated voting being a civic duty. My point was I realize that it is an important process.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You're right (about my comment), I am not a SJW. And, I am not wanting a candidate to promote any agenda at all. I also don't think, for example, a baker should be forced to bake a cake for anyone; gay, straight, purple, etc. I pretty much agree with your last line. So, you may have just helped me make up my mind. :)

Indygal65 vies with Sir Kut the Consistent for being consistent in her beliefs....

I respect that tremendously...I still voted for Trump...But I respect me some indygal..

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ok, I apparently misstated voting being a civic duty. My point was I realize that it is an important process.

Only important if you're a member of either of the parties. For folks who aren't republicans or democrats it's unimportant tax payer funded political party business. Would you feel comfortable voting for any of those folks on the ballot today? Or in the general election? Do bear in mind that in Indiana your vote in the primary is a matter of public record and the party you vote for will consider you a member if you cast a vote for one of their candidates, (it's as close as Indiana gets to registering as a rep or dem). Do you want to be a republican or democrat?

I am reminded by what a friend of mine posted today on Facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/chris-spangle/should-you-vote-today-primary-day/10153737140332872
    And now for the post no one asked for: how Primary Day election law works. Some people falsely believe that Primary Day is an election. It is not. It's a selection.
    When a voter walks into the polls on Primary Day they are asked to to select a Republican, Democrat, or nonpartisan ballot. A nonpartisan ballot lets a person vote on referendum, school board, or other measures. A party ballot contains those PLUS inter-party races for public office.
    Indiana has a closed primary. Republicans and Democrats are private organizations like all political entities. These private organizations select their candidates and not the public. These private organizations ask taxpayers to fund their closed party business. The option of a primary is achieved by reaching 10% in the Secretary of State race. Automatic ballot access for all of the party’s candidates can be achieved with 2% in that same race.
    In 2014, Libertarian Karl Tatgenhorst received 3.4% of the vote. This entitles the Libertarian Party of Indiana to four years of automatic ballot access, but not primary elections. Their candidates are selected at a closed convention for their membership. It is funded by convention attendees. A Hoosier voter will not find a Libertarian option on Primary Day. No other political party in Indiana has achieved ballot access or primary access.
    Libertarians define their candidate selectors through convention delegates. Republicans and Democrats do it through election code. So when selecting a ballot tomorrow, a voter should pull a party ballot if:
    A voter may vote at a primary election: (1) if the voter, at the last general election, voted for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party holding the primary election; or (2) if the voter did not vote at the last general election, but intends to vote at the next general election for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party holding the primary election; as long as the voter was registered as a voter at the last general election or has registered since then. http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/incode/...
    One could make the argument that knowingly pulling another party's ballot falsely, as in Operation Chaos, could be considered a criminal act. Can it be a crime if no one is ever arrested or prosecuted for it?
    There can be ramifications. Many "Operation Chaos" voters tried to run for leadership or precinct committeeman spots in 2012 and were ineligible because the law and parties considered them Democrats besides having a long record of voting as a Republican. Why?
    Hoosiers don’t have party registration in Indiana. They register to vote, but not for a party. In the eyes of a political party and their candidates, one is a registered Republican or Democrat if they pull their ballot. Who they vote for is private, but what ballot is pulled on Primary Day is not. If a person votes in a party primary they should expect to receive party mailers! This information can be used against a candidate for inter-party or public office as a sign of lackluster party loyalty.
    The Republicans and Democrats have crafted a huge data advantage using taxpayer funds to help keep their control of the political process. Combined with gerrymandering and straight-ticket voting, Indiana remains a two-party state with this ability to identify supporters.
    Political data companies and campaigns take this data and resell it. Campaigns, special interest groups, and parties look at hard, soft, or independent voters when canvassing. If a person pulls a Republican ballot in every primary faithfully, they are considered a "hard R." If a person pulls an R ballot occasionally, then they are a soft R. A person can switch parties.
    As a former Libertarian Party of Indiana official, I haven't selected a party ballot since 2008. I pulled an R ballot that year to vote for Ron Paul. I had voted in all three primaries and was considered a "hard R." Since then, I've skipped Primary Day. I went once in the last 8 years to vote against a ballot measure and pulled a nonpartisan ballot.
    Should a person vote in their primary? It depends on their principles, partisan beliefs, and passion for or against a candidate. Or don't vote. There is nothing wrong with skipping a primary.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Maybe... they are the same person?!?!?

Have you ever seen them in the same room together?

I. Didn't. Think. So.

Here they are...I can't help it that Indygal had her intergalactic androgynous bounty hunter outfit on....:)

1332301.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    [Awesome, but I can't rep you again so soon.]

In fact, the lack of denial by either one is clearly an admission that it is true.

We win.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Or in the general election? Do bear in mind that in Indiana your vote in the primary is a matter of public record and the party you vote for will consider you a member if you cast a vote for one of their candidates, (it's as close as Indiana gets to registering as a rep or dem).

Cite please and a question. Are you saying the candidate(s) you pick in the primary is public record, or which parties ballot you received is?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Aren't they hard to find holsters for?

But seriously, if Trump is gun owners' best friend MC wants us to believe, surely he's mentioned why he settled on the 9mm or that he's an old school 45 guy. He's had to have expanded on his external safety/no-safety thoughts.

"I interviewed the real estate mogul in Florida during the Republican convention in late August and asked him about his gun ownership. “I have a carry permit - I’ve said that publicly,” he told me. “I own a couple of different guns, but I don’t talk about it.”

I mentioned that I bought a Sig Sauer P229 in 9mm last February. The billionaire’s director of security, Keith Schiller, who was protecting him on the trip, said that he also owned a Sig. We discussed the function and fit and styles. The gun owners’ friendly conversation seemed to give Mr .Trump the comfort to give out details on his gun collection.

The star of “Celebrity Apprentice” said he owns a “H&K .45 and a .38 Smith & Wesson.” "

This might help

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Abdul is reporting that his source in the Cruz campaign is saying that Cruz is preparing a concession speech. Not sure if just for Indiana or the whole shooting match. If he loses here it's all over anyway.

I would gain considerable respect for Cruz if he actually concedes the nomination tonight.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not sure Mr. Cruz would do anything to affect my life in any way. At least I hope not. And, I realize that there are things in this world way bigger than "gay" issues. It wasn't my intention to make this solely about a gay agenda by any means. And, I wasn't endorsing "additional" rights for gay folks. I'm really trying to look at the bigger picture of all the other issues out there. I'm guess I'm just trying to figure out why I would vote for Trump over Cruz.

Think about the states they 'represent' ( in the Urban Contemporary meaning of same ). Is tolerance in this area a Texas value? What about a NY value?

Top Bottom