• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    I was at a gun store this past weekend and the guy behind the counter was talking to a customer about SBR's and told him he better hurry cause there is a price increase coming. Didn't know if this is crap to lure the customer into buying or if this claim is legitimate. Anyone hear anything?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It would take getting a new law passed. The stamp prices are fixed by the 1934 National Firearms Act. Now, the price of the rifle could be about to jump...

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I was at a gun store this past weekend and the guy behind the counter was talking to a customer about SBR's and told him he better hurry cause there is a price increase coming. Didn't know if this is crap to lure the customer into buying or if this claim is legitimate. Anyone hear anything?

Why does it seem all of these fairy tale stories always start with this?:rolleyes:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'd pay less to have my 2nd Amendment Rights restored to me. Seriously, I won't be extorted like that. "Hey, we'll process you in a reasonable amount of time for a couple of extra bucks, wink wink nudge nudge..." :xmad:

flatoutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Just started the paperwork process on a a sbr and was not informed that I needed to hurry up and get this done

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Two grand and allowing Form 1s on machine guns .... MAG58 side plate time ;-)

I don't think I could get enough of them...

Seriously though, while I realize the legislative burden it would take. I would not be surprised if an increase is coming in the next few years. I don't believe it will, ie. I would not put money on it but I would not be surprised either. Just think how much tax money could be raised (at least artificially in campaigning and ads) if they raised it to let's say 500. 2K I think would put too many small businesses out of business IMPO. I am just saying I would not be surprised.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Even an 10K stamp on new machine gun would be worth it. Mag 58 plates, M60s, and all the other cool toys that are now in the 20K+ range

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    How about naming the store? This store does not need to pull the wool over someones eyes just to make an unethical buck. This stuff is how the myths of NFA get started in peoples heads.

Chuck

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I would not be surprised if an increase is coming in the next few years.

If you don't mind me asking, why is this?

What legislation has been proposed in the last 25 years calling for this?:dunno:

What makes you this any proposal would not be beat flat into the ground?:dunno:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    If you don't mind me asking, why is this?

What legislation has been proposed in the last 25 years calling for this?:dunno:

What makes you this any proposal would not be beat flat into the ground?:dunno:

Kirk, its only been 78 years since the last time they raised it, it could happen any minute. But seriously, who would bring up this legislation? Any proposal by Democrats to touch NFA runs the risk of repeal of the Hughes Amendment being tacked on. Nobody is going to touch this.

Top Bottom