• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    If you don't mind me asking, why is this?

What legislation has been proposed in the last 25 years calling for this?:dunno:

What makes you this any proposal would not be beat flat into the ground?:dunno:

My entire statement said I don't believe it will but I wouldn't be surprised either.

I can think of a few possible scenarios. Neither probably very likely but then again politicians always surprise me. For one the recent popularity of suppressors could have something to do with it, a hypothetical scenario could be removing suppressors from the NFA (under the pressure of some pro NFA groups) ( not likely but possible) and increasing the tax on the other items at the same time. Another scenario could plain speaking be to tax 'special interests' more heavily and bring more money in or to put more restrictions on ownership. Remember the NRA has a pretty horrible track record when it comes to NFA. They won't even let you shoot legal MGs at their own range in Fairfax County, VA.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My entire statement said I don't believe it will but I wouldn't be surprised either.

Well, this is a safe position.:D

Remember the NRA has a pretty horrible track record when it comes to NFA. They won't even let you shoot legal MGs at their own range in Fairfax County, VA.

Who is telling you this???

1. The NRA has called for the allowance of suppressors during hunting. When I approach NRA head honchos at the Annual Meeting about my proposal of moving suppressors to Title I, they do not run away from me.

2. Here's an NRA Employee and his guest shooting a legal MG on the NRA's range in Fairfax County, Virginia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBYauQMwWmI

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I heard that the price increase is true. I got my information first hand, my sister's brother-in-law works at Wal-mart and the guy that normally works at the gun counter told him that that a customer came in and told him that the ATF was going to raise the cost of NFA tax stamps, he said his uncle's ex-wife dated a FBI agents secretary's brother, and she told him.
    I'm pretty sure that is how it went, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure if Jethro, the gun counter clerk at Wal-mart said it, it's gotta be true.

Last edited:

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Well, this is a safe position.:D

Who is telling you this???

1. The NRA has called for the allowance of suppressors during hunting. When I approach NRA head honchos at the Annual Meeting about my proposal of moving suppressors to Title I, they do not run away from me.

2. Here's an NRA Employee and his guest shooting a legal MG on the NRA's range in Fairfax County, Virginia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBYauQMwWmI

I admit I haven't been a member there for about the last six years, but previous to that I recall they allowed subguns.

I have been to NRA range many times in the last 3 years and I asked on more than one occasion about it and they said clearly said NO every time. MGs are ok but not on f/a. As to subgun, MG difference not sure. My understanding is f/a is not accepted. I am fairly certain it said it somewhere in the range rules as well, which provoked my question the first time. So unless they changed it recently, I am very confident that MGs are a no go unless may be you know some of the employees or have some special privileges.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Why does it seem all of these fairy tale stories always start with this?:rolleyes:

Because alot of gunshops are filled with employees that are either idiots, liars and a combination of both.

Hired on because they have a buddy that vouched for them or has a relative that works there.

A certain large one, in Jeffersonville, fits that to a "T".

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Just ordered a suppressor though I have not got my paper work yet I was told 200 as it has been since 1934. I could see a bill being entered but not sure that it could pass due to each side not having the vote to carry it.

Top Bottom