• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShootinDave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    have a Mod 96 22lr revolver I got used a couple years ago-have no clue about its history,but after 5-6 k its still very accurate and tighter than most new guns in the display case. I only paid a couple hundred for it, but I consider one of my better 'deals'. Has a fairly high blue finish that wony seem to wear-never had an issue..

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've found Taurus is fine as long as they are copying someone else's design (Beretta 92, 1911, S&W revolver, etc.). Where they get into trouble is with their own designs like the Millennium Pro, PT911, etc. Although they seem to have gotten something right with the 24/7. A friend of mine bought one when they came out (five years ago I guess) and it has been rock solid. I've considered buying one on a couple of occasions but always wind up getting something else.

Copying lol. Like they copied the judge from S&W, oh wait never mind.

This is a little piece from the history of Taurus and S&W.

Smith & Wesson had been purchased by a conglomerate named Bangor Punta. In 1970, Bangor Punta also purchased 54% of Taurus. Thus, the two companies became "sisters". Smith & Wesson never owned Taurus. They were both independent companies. However, during the next seven years, a great deal of technology and methodology was passed between the two. What may come as a surprise to some is that more of what was "right" in Porto Alegre was sent to Springfield than was sent from Springfield to south of the equator.

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County
    I went shooting with a friend of mine last week. We brought a wide variety of weapons including his "new" Taurus that he had gotten a day or two earlier. I'm not sure the exact model. It was a hammerless .357 in stainless steel or nickel. (I'm a glock guy so i don't know it was shiny). Anyways we fired less than fifty rounds through it of both .357 and .38 Special. During a reload the cylinder feel to the ground along with a small spring and a small rectangular piece. He got it back together but the cylinder wouldn't stay in place, it just kept spinning. Needless to say it wasn't fired anymore that day. Is this a common trend with Taurus or just a failure of his particular gun?
    I had one but sold it--I never had a problem with it. But the girl at the gun shop says that about 1/3 of all Taurus' sold go back for something.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Ahem.....

RugerSP10122.jpg

From the August 2011 issue of Guns & Ammo. :rockwoot:

Sweet! I wonder what the dealer price will be. I just visited the Ruger website and they don't seem to have it up with any specs yet.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I think that it all depends on the gun. Guns are like people, sometimes theyre all sunshine and butterflies and other times theyre a total PITA.

Last edited:

daddysgirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    I haven;t had revolvers but no trouble from their 1911.
    They have a warrenty that should take care of your friend.

cdscds

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    They make good guns, and the best thing about them is you get a no questions asked life time warranty, it reads, if you are unsatisfied with your fire arm at any time, for any reason, send it in to be repaired or replaced..... I lost one once on a 4 wheeler ride.... It was found 5 months later, cylinder wouldn't spin, hammer wouldn't cock.... I sent it in, they sent it back 100% functioning

Top Bottom