• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've got the 9mm and the 45acp versions of that same gun. The early models were reported to be less than reliable, Taurus has changed the design slightly and they are now in the 3rd or 4th generation of the design and it is an excellent, compact, economical, reliable pistol. I did a write up of these guns and compared them to my Glock 26. For the $100+ price difference between the Taurus and the Glock I think there is a whole lot of value in the Taurus and I'd never feel under-armed carrying the Taurus in either of the calibers I own.

My daughter has the pink gun in 9mm, mine are the other 3 in the photos.

11-1.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I've got the 9mm and the 45acp versions of that same gun. The early models were reported to be less than reliable, Taurus has changed the design slightly and they are now in the 3rd or 4th generation of the design and it is an excellent, compact, economical, reliable pistol. I did a write up of these guns and compared them to my Glock 26. For the $100+ price difference between the Taurus and the Glock I think there is a whole lot of value in the Taurus and I'd never feel under-armed carrying the Taurus in either of the calibers I own.

Cool. Should I buy (which I am sure I will) any advice on a good ITW holster? Thanks.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Well I would suggest the CrossBreed Super Tuck holster. Its an awesome in the waistband holster.

By the way, you may want to do a search where I detailed the differences between the Taurus and the Glock. The Glock has the better sights and better trigger. I love the thumb safety on the Taurus, its sort of like having a belt & suspenders. The DA trigger is good enough that you don't need a safety, but the safety adds a nice touch for those of us who carry 1911 pattern pistols and are used to those thumb safeties.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    Thanks much. I have been looking at the pt140 and handling it for a week or so in a local shop. Its been on my mind everyday.

cubsfan1984

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I have a PT140 Pro.
    No complaints at all. I have well over 1,000 rounds of different brands and types of ammo through it without a malfunction of any kind, even limp-wristed it a couple times to see if it would jam. I would recommend it to anyone.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I owned one of the first and one of the second generation Taurus pistols.

I never got comfortable with this handgun. The trigger pull was long and the pistol felt top heavy. The grip was too small for the overhanging slide.

It did function reliably. I had a recoil guide rod go bad and Taurus replaced it and a spring for no cost.

It comes down to whether it feels good in your hand and how well you can shoot it.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I have the 9mm version in a crossbreed supertuck.. After the holster is broke in (takes about a week) they are comtorable very concealed..

As far as the gun goes.. I love mine. It is accurate as the shooter.. I hit bowling pins at 50 yards with it. I am a big guy with big hands and it feels great in my hands. These are guns you cant go wrong with in my opinion. Also if you do have a problem with your gun. Taurus customer service is 2nd to none. Limtime warranty carries with the gun.. Not just the original buyer. With that said, it wouldnt be a bad idea to see if you could find you a used one for cheaper.. Either your going to buy a great gun or your going to send it to Taurus to get it taken care of.

good luck

Viper393

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Clark County
    I owned a PT140 for a couple of years and never had any problems with it and it ate everything I put through it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the trigger and after I bought an XD40SC I sold the Taurus. Didn't think I needed two .40 sub-compacts. Kind of wish I had kept it now but I always regret selling guns.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I could not be happier with my pt145, it has eaten every kind of ammo I have fed it and I have no doubt that it will go bang every time I pull the trigger. Some people complain about shooting low with the straight 8 sights but I did not have that problem.

Lilsoup

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I have the PT111 9mm, and simply love it, no problems what so ever after about 600 rounds or so, as far as a IWB, I carry in a kholster, which I trimmed up a little.

PICT0094.jpg

PICT0101.jpg

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    Ive been wanting the 45 model but was wondering how they shoot? I
    have a guy whos wanting to sell me a sigma 40 its nice but im a big guy wanting something that really fits my hands any suggestions.

Obviously I do not have any personal experience but poster to this thread earlier said he had big hands and loved the Taurus Mil.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    I've got the 9mm and the 45acp versions of that same gun. The early models were reported to be less than reliable, Taurus has changed the design slightly and they are now in the 3rd or 4th generation of the design and it is an excellent, compact, economical, reliable pistol.

Just curious as I've had several of these offered to me as trades, is there an easy way to distinguish which generation is which?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just curious as I've had several of these offered to me as trades, is there an easy way to distinguish which generation is which?

Yes, but I'm not an expert. Some say Millennium, some say Millennium Pro, there may be other designations too? The bizarre thing is that in the 40 and the 45 the newest guns only say Millennium on the side but the 32, 380 and 9mm all say Millennium Pro on the side.

Lilsoup

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Yes, but I'm not an expert. Some say Millennium, some say Millennium Pro, there may be other designations too? The bizarre thing is that in the 40 and the 45 the newest guns only say Millennium on the side but the 32, 380 and 9mm all say Millennium Pro on the side.

If millennium pro is printed on the slide together, it is a 2end gen, if only millennium, then its a 3erd gen, thats the easiest way I have found to tell the difference.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have seen more of the taurus PT series guns go back to the factory than any other handgun make/model on the market.

Not knocking anyones experience with them, they just bring a bad taste to my mouth, i feel like people get drawn in with the price tag.
    the triggers suck somethin aweful.

even had one come from the factory with the chamber NOT CUT.
    I personally would NEVER trust my life to one, even if i put a case through it w/out a hiccup.

Top Bottom