• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I briefly had one. Fit and finish were good and recoil was not much considering its size. I personally prefered it to a glock 26 due to the added features. I had a blued version and if I would have kept it I would have carried it after another 100 rounds or so.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I did purchase a Taurus PT140 and have since sold it after the newness wore off. I liked it but it does not compare, in my humble opinion, to something like a m&p or a ruger sr. It's OK for the money and I have several other Taurus weapons.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I did purchase a Taurus PT140 and have since sold it after the newness wore off. I liked it but it does not compare, in my humble opinion, to something like a m&p or a ruger sr. It's OK for the money and I have several other Taurus weapons.

We took ours to a defensive pistol class one time. After trying it out the instructor said this concerning the trigger, "It's a wonder you are hitting anything. Did you pour sand in the action?"

Well, since that time I've smoothed the trigger out a little bit at a time each time I cleaned it. For the time and effort it would have been better to wait, save the money and go a step up in quality. I've heard this one referred to as a "belly gun." You're not winning any long range shooting matches with this one.

It's a snappy little gun (recoil) that requires some attention (training). I was still relatively new to defensive pistols and didn't realize that yet when I bought it. I kept mine though. It would make a good loaner gun and it's a great 3rd BUG.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I'm very happy with my PT145 for what it is. It's definitely not the most accurate .45 I've shot, but I have no worries carrying it to protect myself with.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I'm very happy with my PT145 for what it is. It's definitely not the most accurate .45 I've shot, but I have no worries carrying it to protect myself with.

I agree with you. My PT140 wasn't the best or most accurate gun but I didn't have any worries carrying it while I had it. It never failed to load, fire or eject while I had it. Close range is one of the main reasons for a handgun anyway.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I own a PT145 Millennium Pro, bought used, but like new condition. I have fired about 500 rounds through it and no malfunctions.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom