• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Ugh...this is my idea of an attractive pistol, so you can understand how I don't find that very appealing.

20080630015813!GLOCK_19.JPG

To each his own, I suppose. I know there will be quite a few that don't think the G19 is very appealing aesthetically, but I dig it. I look at that tarted up 1911 and all I can think of is "cash for gold.com!"

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Agent 007,
    I actually saw one of these, used, for $650 at a local shop.
    1911%20cal.45%20ACP%20Rt+1.jpg

Even though I thought the price was a little high, I REALLY had to use some will power (and an interest in something else at the time) to keep from putting it in layaway or breaking out the plastic.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Guns of that configuration, in 38 Super, as that on is chambered in, are popular in Mexico. Not sure why it would be correlated to New Orleans or to Pimps. Its very common to find polished 38 Supers with mother of pearl gips in the collections of 1911 owners too.

I believe the reference to a New Orleans Street Pimp comes from a quote from Gen Patton about Pearl Grips... ;)

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    HiPoint may be a cheap gun, but never seen one in the ghetto. Now, the lorcin and jennings, yes. Also see quite a few glocks. The drug dealers and wannabes steal and sell car stereos and wheels so they can afford the more expensive stolen glocks.......

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    To me a gun is suposed to be a tool, not a piece of art work. I mean would you want a chrome, or gold knife?

Sure why not! :D

Tools can be art. As a matter of fact your choices in weapons that you own is mainly on how they look. So why should they not look good. Are these tools any less deadly than what you carry?

And I suppose you would argue that cars are only for transportation and how they look does not matter in what you drive...

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I have a dark blue Taurus Judge with gold accents and I think it's beautiful. I think the 1911's are very nicely done as well. I've always liked a little flash.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Sure why not! :D

Tools can be art. As a matter of fact your choices in weapons that you own is mainly on how they look. So why should they not look good. Are these tools any less deadly than what you carry?

And I suppose you would argue that cars are only for transportation and how they look does not matter in what you drive...

No, but it would not be driven every day. I do not want an ugly gun, gut nothing fancy either. Just a personal prefrence. I buy guns to shoot, not for a show pice.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I believe the reference to a New Orleans Street Pimp comes from a quote from Gen Patton about Pearl Grips...
    :+1:
    I looked it up.
    Patton took violent offense at any reference to his pistols being pearl handled. He said, "Only a pimp in a New Orleans whorehouse or a tin-horn gambler would carry a pearl-handled pistol." In no uncertain terms he would have the offender know that his revolver was indeed "IVORY-***-*******-****-HANDLED" and with that he would turn on his heel and leave.

The Unknown Patton Chapter Five (The General's Personal Sidearms)

Top Bottom