• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    My neighbor got one of these. It is cool to be able to shoot the shotgun shells but man his was horrible. I dont think i would want to rely on that 410 to save my life. Never did shoot the 45 lc though. His had about a 6 foot pattern at 25 feet! Yes I said six feet. Taurus makes a fine firearm, not knocking it. I would like to see how it does with the 45 LC but would be a bit sceptical. That bullet has to travel a long way to reach the rifling in the barrel.
    Either way, I think you did ok, people like new, unusual guns.

dwordinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    will it shoot .419 slugs??????
    .410 slugs would be more common, but you should be able to shoot any size slug up to .452 with the proper wad or sabot. Buy why bother? Just load .45 Colt. A wide range of shapes and sizes, 160 grains to 225 grains, in cast, swaged, or jacketed. Even available in plastic.

JAMZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    im not normally a wheel gun guy but something just makes me keep going back to the judge.......must be the coolness factor

Electron don

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Evansville
    Waiting to hear the range report.

I'm curious to hear how it does at the range with .45 LC. The review I read about this gun liked the .45 LC over shooting a slug .410 round. I think it would be fun to experiment with different shot loads on the .410 side though. There is such a variety of loads. I wasn't a fan of this gun until I saw one with the longer barrel.

dwordinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    I have not shot his yet, and when I picked this up from him, he had not shot his yet either, I am not sure if he had gotten to it yet or not. I dont think he has because he has been out of town.
    Logically, I would say yes it does tighten it up. I dont know if this helps you or not, but when I go to the range, I put the paper about 20-25ft away. I shoot the 6shot .410 and from what I can tell, they pretty much stay on the paper. That is a terrible and unscientific way to describe it, but if you notice a very spread out shot that doesnt stay on the paper maybe it helps. Next time I go to the range with my uncle and can shoot both, I will let you know. Are you disappointed because it is so spread out? Would you prefer it tighter?
    I don't know what part of the state you're in, but most places are getting decent weather. I'm still waiting for your comparison test of the 3 inch barrel vs the 6 inch barrel. Does the additional 3 inches of barrel tighten the pattern, or does the additional 3 inches of rifling open the pattern more?
    I'm expecting a full report when I log in Monday, 22 March. No excuses. Do it. ;)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Have mine loaded with the new Federal ".410 Handgun" load, 000 buck (designed just for the Judge) in the safe as we speak. As Mr. T would say, "I pity the fool" who breaks into my house. :)

dkangel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Is it true the .410 for the Judge is proprietary. That is you can only use the Federal .410 made for it?

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Any .410 will work as long as it is the right size for the Judge you are shooting (3" or 2.5"). I heard where some brands were harder to load and others the casing had to be poked out of the cylinder after shooting but I haven't experienced any of this yet. I have seen video's where they were shooting buckshot, 000 buck and .45 LC one after the other. Actually it was the Taurus websight where I saw the video. To my knowledge, Federal is the only manuf. that is currently selling a 000 buck ".410 handgun" shell designed for the Judge.

Winchester must also have one coming because they were shooting them from a Judge on "The Shooting Range" on the Outdoor channel last Wed. and theirs features 000 buck and shot combined into 1 shell. It's going to be interesting to see what does start to be manuf. for this gun because the host of the program mentioned now that the Judge is here, the custom designed rounds will probably follow. Sort of like, "If you build it, they will come".

meldusty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    I have heard nothing but great things about these guns. The shelves are depleted of 410 ammo because of them.

dwordinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    Paraklese makes ammo for the Judge also. As far as I know, they are the only source of 0000 buckshot. I tried some of the Winchester buckshot and was not impressed. It was a very open pattern. I've read that both Paraklese and Federal use harder lead so it doesn't deform as much and groups tighter. I haven't tried either of them yet.

Apovinelli, how did the comparison with your uncle go? I'm anxiously waiting for your report.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I tried some of the Winchester buckshot and was not impressed. It was a very open pattern.

dwordinger. Was that the new Winchester shell with the 000 "disk" shaped buck/shot combo designed specifically for the Judge? I saw them featured in yesterdays American Rifleman but didn't think they were available yet.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    You got a good deal, I just bought mine sunday it is the SS 3 in.

DSC04322.jpg

Top Bottom