• ...and so much more!
  • hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    taurus

i have had several 2 pt945's,2millenium pros,1 605 357 snubby,all were great guns i did have to send one of the mill back to factory for a broken firing pin.still like them though,even though they sometimes get a bad rep.:twocents:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    We (Bradis) probably sell more Taurus handguns by brand than any other. We also see our fair share of problems with them (both customer bring-backs and brand-new guns that arrive DOA and should never have left the factory to begin with).

interesting. i bought a Taurus from you last month. I inquired about QC issues and customer feedback/complaints. I wish I would have been told the above instead of what was actually said. :rolleyes:

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Thats a gun shop for ya'.

I have owned a few Taurus guns in my time - a 4" 94B revolver, and a 58HC in 380 (19+1)

The 94 revolver wore out its main spring in less than 200 rounds, and became a single action. the model 58 couldn't make it through a single magazine of any brand ammo without jamming at least twice. They were both garbage.

I have a vague recollection of owning another Taurus product, but i cant seem to recall what it was.

I have been soured on Taurus. I wont ever buy one again. I will admit though that I do run into a lot of other people in the area that seem to love them. To each their own.

elliot454

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    For the price of the taurus you cant beat it. The only problem I have had is that the re-sale is terrible. Buy it keep it and shoot the pins out of it

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    thats why i bought the pt1911. it had more features than the other ones in my price range. of course, had i waited a month i could have gotten a SA GI for about the same price. damn my impatience! :)

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I don't see much on the forums about Taurus handguns. After listening to a couple of guys at work I bought my first handgun. I got a Taurus PT140 Pro. Is there anything I should know about this gun ? Does anyone else here have one and if so what do you think of it ? Thanks

I don't own one, but my friend does. I have shot it a few times and the one thing I can say is I don't like the trigger on it. I think this is because I am used to shooting my 1911, with a light trigger pull. On the PT140 I find to much "play" in between the "at rest" and "completely pulled" positions.

Other than that the gun has worked fine, no failures or anything like that. One thing I can tell you is don't underestimate the recoil. Its not hard, its fast. :cool:

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    I've shot more than my fair share of Taurus products, with my brother being a huge fan.

I've found all of them to be great guns for the price. My only complaint is the tank style approach to building guns. But they certainly are solid.

I've shot the 24/7, P92, 1911, 605 and Model 44.

No FTE, few FTF. Literally thousands of rounds through each weapon, maybe a few hundred through the .357, it's only a few months old.

Last edited:

Blue River Guns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I bought my wife a PT22 a few years back to begin working her into handguns. The gun fit nicely in her hand etc and she like the fact it was not loud, and did not have much recoil. Happy wife having fun shooting a gun makes for a happy husband! :D

We never had any parts fly off the gun etc, but have had issues with misfeeds/jams. I have tried several different types of ammo cheap to good stuff with not much luck on correcting the problem.

IMHO good gun to plink with but once my wife begins to actually conceal carry this will not be my choice for her if her life depended on it, but that was not the reason the gun was purchased in the first place.

God Bless,
    pw

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    My one Taurus

Is the 941 22 mag revolver. The trigger pull is enormous. However, after putting a thousand or so rounds through it recently, my finger muscle is up to the task. In single action, it shoots great. The gun fits my hand great, it points good and is very accurate. One problem i've noticed is after a few hundred rounds, the shell retractor will get a bit of powder and other explosive residue under it and that will cause one cylinder load to sort of jam or move into place with a bit more effort than when clean. Simply lifting the ejector up and blowing the debris out from under it solves the problem. I'm not sure if this is common with 22 mags or it's just a fouling problem with this gun.

Having said that, I actually love the gun as it's really accurate and I can put 2 to 3 hundred rounds thru it before it dirties itself and the bullets don't quite seat down as they should and therefore dont rotate themselves around after being crushed and fired (which makes the shells stick out toward the back of the gun a bit more than when flat.
    i've never had a misfire with this gun.

I give the gun an 8 of 10. My ruger sp101 .327 is a 10 of 10 in comparison. I put 300 32 long wadcutters thru it and again this gun is just about perfect. However, I certainly enjoy shooting the Taurus 941 and would not think of selling it based upon accuracy and reliability and the simple fact that It needs no aftermarket grips or anything to make it shoot 1500 fps and blow the crap out of my targets. it's certainly a perfect replacement for a 38 which is a bit more expensive to shoot. Bullet speed is really important if shooting game. A friend of mine who recommended the Taurus has a .357 and he loves it and has had no problems in several years of hard use.

Last edited:

Packin-Heat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Avon, Indiana
    I discovered only after i bought a taurus pt140, that alot of people have a bad opinion on taurus semi-autos. I was very concerned about what i read. I have had my pt140 for about a year and I've put close to 500 rounds through it and have had no problems. This gun just fits my hand perfect. The only issue i have seen was when my friend shot it he held it in a way that upon recoil he'd hit the lever that you use to disassemble and ity would hang up. Other than that i LOVE this gun!

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    Twelve years ago I bought a taurus snub nose. I couldn't hit a five gallon bucket at five yards. I traded it for a smith & wesson 36 that I could hit a 8 inch steel ringer at 50 yards. Never went back to taurus but the judge is tempting.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    You get what you pay for up to a point

I don't own one, but my friend does. I have shot it a few times and the one thing I can say is I don't like the trigger on it. I think this is because I am used to shooting my 1911, with a light trigger pull. On the PT140 I find to much "play" in between the "at rest" and "completely pulled" positions.

Other than that the gun has worked fine, no failures or anything like that. One thing I can tell you is don't underestimate the recoil. Its not hard, its fast. :cool:

I have one Taurus now, a 22, and have had zero problems. I had several Rossi's in the past and my favorite wheelgun is a Rossi 357 mag. Unless you buy a Saturday Night Special most guns will do a decent job. There is a reason one gun costs $1,000 and another one costs $300; quality, materials and overall workmanship. They all shoot and isn't that whats its all about. Just enjoy your gun.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just bought a PT111 Pro. I put roughly 100 rds yesterday through it. Besides the play in the trigger it shot flawless. Once I got the sights adjusted I was grouping them at 20 yds pretty decent.
    I'm not gonna say the gun is perfect because I haven't had it but only a week but so far after putting the rounds through it I was impressed.

mrmarky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Brazil Indiana
    I have a Taurus 44 and I love it .. accurate and will devour any and all ammo including reloads with ease. I pick up my new PT1911 /45 acp tomorrow and cant wait. Also I had a 357 Taurus (sold it) and the rear sight came apart and I lost the screw and spring...I sent it in and they repaired it ,,,sent it back with a hard case and a gun lock,,,ALL @ NO CHARGE My opinion is the have a 100% guarentee and back it up with no BS I was impressed

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    This was nothing more than a function test today, but I must say I was very pleasantly surprised and pleased with the outcome. I only fired a few mags out of my new PT145 Millennium Pro today, it functioned flawlessly, recoil was very manageable seemingly softer than the .40cal versions I have fired in the past. What was most pleasantly surprising was the accuracy. The trigger has quite a bit of take up but seemed to break fairly consistently and at 10 meters was plenty accurate keeping all rounds under about 4" with moderately rapid fire. I would recommend this pistol to anyone as a daily carry piece as it is certain to be mine from here on in. Hell I was so impressed I am considering taking it to shoot bowling pins in the next few weeks...So at least from me Taurus gets a big :yesway:,,, +1 PT145....

Tonyscomputery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Sellersburg IN
    I Have a Taurus 24/7 ls in 40s&w. It is the gun I use in competions(USPSA production). I also have a PT100 stainless that is my bling-bang gun. I have not had a single problem out of either. Have owned a pt111 and did not care for it. It just didn't fit my hand.

Top Bottom