• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaarthur

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    My friend offered to sell me his Taurus .380 for $185. Says he bought for $220 and has only shot it about 4 times. He bought a different .380. What are your guys opinion on this gun?

I would most likely carry it while at work. I have to go into some sketchy areas at times to look at older buildings, and never know who or what you might stumble upon while in there.

Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    What model Taurus?

Dont care for Taurus revolvers but I have had good luck with the PT series center fire semi autos. Have a .380 PT 58 that shoots very well.

Last edited:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I got one. Mine works 100%. Easier to shoot than an LCP. Great little pocket pistol.

At that price, run don't walk to buy it...

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I had one; sold it to finance other purchases. Just a few weeks ago, in fact. Gun shot gave me right about $150 for it, so I'd say that price is good.

I never had an issue out of mine. I only used FMJ's though; in a .380 that small, I wouldn't want to depend on expansion of hollowpoints, and would rather get the penetration of the FMJ.

I'd buy it. Good little pocket gun, and it has more features than the LCP or P3AT; slide-lock on empty, chamber indicator.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't own one but I've read a few reviews on them.

From what I've read, it seems like a hit or miss with QC on all Taurus guns. I've heard that the biggest problem is their Customer Service when you do have a problem.

Just my $0.02

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I have bought 4 of them to date.
    1 has resided in my pocket for the last 6 months, I pulled it out the other day and capped of the full mag without a hitch.

The other 3 I have given to family members to carry, after I had ran them through their paces at the range.

I have only had problems with one and it turned out to be some flashing on the follower in the magazine.

I prefer the hardball ammo in mine, I have some of the "dreaded zombie" ammo, which feeds and shoots fine, but when you try to clear the gun sometimes the longer tip on the zombie bullet can give you fits.

I have been very impressed with the accuracy from the little thing, once you get to know the trigger.

Top Bottom