• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    The start of our ar500 target stands. I think we can add another one under the tall stand. These are a freakin blast to target shoot with! In case you have never had the chance to try them check out some of the ar500 demo events.:ar15:

S5000087.jpg

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    The one on the left is pretty ate up already. Im sure these wont be the last ones we build. We went into it knowing they would need replaced.:D

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    Ok cool. I have a friend in the country looking for an old swing set frame for me:rockwoot:

How funny!! I keep looking out at our swingset.I just cant bring myself to take the swing off of it yet. Kinda sad in a way but the 19 year old daughter still swings on it when she is in a mood!:D

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I am actually trying to finalize my designs for a modular stand setup this weekend. I have most of it down on paper, just trying to get my rendering software installed so I can play with it some more.

Stands look great Angie!!

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Burl, that is awesome. You painted it like cardboard!!

I am literally working in Pro/E at the moment designing some modular stands for everything.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    The start of our ar500 target stands. I think we can add another one under the tall stand. These are a freakin blast to target shoot with! In case you have never had the chance to try them check out some of the ar500 demo events.:ar15:

S5000087.jpg

Any misses with the tall one and they will hit the barn!! :D Nice looking stands!! looks like they will hold up to lots of fun!!:rockwoot:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I recently took an old metal sign stand (no, I didn't rip off a realtor sign!) and had some corner tabs welded to it. Then I mounted a 4" square Bobcat steel target to it.

9r39mw.jpg

It now sits next to two other steel stands about 50 yards from my deck. I can go out and take a few shots on the large, medium, and small plate as a stress reducer! :ar15:

2ptcnrq.jpg

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    What gun range is that Burl ????

Josh, it's the Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club in Martinsvillie, IN......

======================================

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I've got mine chained up - and I concur - these things are a blast to shoot. The 11 year old had a great time dinging away with a 10-22. And I rather enjoyed giving my Taurus a workout with it. For those of you that haven't tried the stuff that Kimball /ZbornacSVT is cranking out, you're missing some fun.....

I've now gotta get some smaller ones, to give the 11 year old a challenge...

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    ilovemywoods has a nice setup. I can't make out how he mounted the round red targets tho.

Those targets are on steel tripod stands. I bought them used from a gun club. The targets are mounted with 1/2" bolts and nylock nuts. This arrangement allows them to 'swing' a bit. This movement takes up much of the kinetic energy from the round and helps to direct the splatter more downward. Unless the plates are mounted at a permanent angle (say 30 degrees), you don't want to mount them rigidly.

Top Bottom