Taqueria robber shot dead by patron. video /bad shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    1st four shots legit. Back shots or not, at the time, the robber was robbing and threatening the customers.
    Being in Texas might allow him the next 4.
    The last shot will require him to have a good attorney, to plea down his sentence (unless one of the first four blew the robber's heart out).
    What is the crime/charge for that last shot?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Curious if part of the Soros money is discreet direction on cases. Not all I'm sure, but high profile ones like this one.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I wondered if he had more support in Texas. So I looked in on the Texas site and it's the same. First 4 good, etc. Two or three vocal about the last shot shouldn't matter.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And this might be where I introduce expert testimony describing LEO "mag dumps" in similar circumstances. Adrenaline does funny things. IMHO, if deadly force is justified, it is justified, period. If I'm on a jury, I'm not convicting an LEO or a non-LEO for "excessive" use of deadly force based on the number of rounds fired, when the underlying use of deadly force is justified.
    Exactly.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Texas is not the wild west cowboy wet dream everyone thinks it is.

I have not seen that many NO GUN ALLOWED signs ever in 1 week of being there.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    And how do you know? Where you there?
    I don't "know". That's why I said... "My GUESS would be..."
    And no, I wasn't there and neither was any prosecutor that could potentially bring charges.
    I watched the same video that thousands of others have.
    I was expressing my OPINION, just like most of the other members posting here.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Texas is not the wild west cowboy wet dream everyone thinks it is.

I have not seen that many NO GUN ALLOWED signs ever in 1 week of being there.
    Sister, brother, nieces and nephews there, all through the state. Very familiar with Texas. But man it's a day, and another day to drive through it.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Also, the criminal was already dead at the point of the alleged "face" shot. As @HoughMade has pointed out: that shot didn't result in death, so by definition it couldn't have been an "execution" shot.
    Has the autopsy been published? At what point can it be said for certain that the robber was dead? Did any of the first 4 or 5 shots pierce the heart of aorta. Any significant evidence to show that his was dead before the head shot? Unconscious living persons do not move.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

As gun-toting hero faces grand jury, the taqueria he saved gets robbed AGAIN five days later​

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

As gun-toting hero faces grand jury, the taqueria he saved gets robbed AGAIN five days later​

"In the middle of the night, a thief broke in and stole $100 from slot machines."

That's not a robbery.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Has the autopsy been published? At what point can it be said for certain that the robber was dead? Did any of the first 4 or 5 shots pierce the heart of aorta. Any significant evidence to show that his was dead before the head shot?
    That's something for the prosecution to prove/provide evidence for.

Unconscious living persons do not move.
    Are you sure about that? Bodies can move while dead, much less, while merely unconscious.

Top Bottom