• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    looking for info on legal issues with tannerite in indiana. tired of shooting paper and metal. asked farm store for ammonium nitrate 34-0-0 and got third degree. dont want to be on terrorist watch, probably on there anyway,haha. any help:ar15:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    For those who don't know what we are talking about......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bya3PA21C14"]YouTube - {(Half Pound Tannerite Target Instructional Video)} {2008}[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUfwFSiLZWQ&feature=related[/ame]

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    You mean it's not legal to drive around with 20-30 pounds of mixed tannerite in my car? How could that possibly be dangerous? :rolleyes:

(and yes, this post is meant to be sarcastic)

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    The laws on explosives weren't written for tannerite and it's safety while driving. The laws are for all explosives- you can build them if you detonate them on the site you build them. This may be for transportation reasons but moreso for storage- they don't want you stockpiling them. I think there is a time limit too.

It IS safe to drive around with 20-30 pounds of mixed tannerite in your car. A crash won't set it off. You'd have to be driving 1363+mph and have to be equivalent to the general rule of 2000fps that a rifle round would have to go in order to set it off.

Read the side of your "sarcasm" bottle- it says to use it sparingly and only if you know what you are talking about ;)

Stay safe.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It IS safe to drive around with 20-30 pounds of mixed tannerite in your car. A crash won't set it off. You'd have to be driving 1363+mph and have to be equivalent to the general rule of 2000fps that a rifle round would have to go in order to set it off.

Where do I get one???:popcorn:

I'll leave the tannerite at home, I swear.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I believe tannerite, once mixed, is considered a black powder, so you can possess up to 50 pounds of it. But you can't transport it, so mixing on-site is a must.

Speaking of which, does anybody know where to purchase AN in Indiana? I have been wanting to mix my own Tannerite but I can't find a place that sells it.

Top Bottom