• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Hi, DeLong1 and welcome to INGO. The little Norinco I have is a semiauto, not a pump. As it's a direct copy of the Browning .22 ATD (Auto Take-Down) which is still being produced for Browning by Miroku in Japan it was at least a fair bet that a Browning part could be fitted. I got lucky, and it did fit without having to be reworked.

IIRC, your Norinco pump is probably their model EM-321. I would suppose that, like most things Norinco, it isn't an original design but I have no idea whose design it's based upon. If you can post pictures, perhaps someone more knowledgable might be able to point you in the right direction.

FWIW, about the best, most consistently reliable resource of parts for obsolete/discontinued firearms I know of is Numrich (AKA: The Gun Parts Corp.). Google or the like should be able to give you a link to them. You might have to be able to provide them with the factory part number, so I hope you have the manual. They might not have what you need in stock, but if anyone in the U.S. is likely to run across one anytime soon, it'd be them.

Another resource you may want to try for help identifying a potential 'donor' make for a replacement extractor are the folks at Rimfire Central. Some very knowledgable folks there and many serious collectors.

IIRC, Norinco products are still imported into Canada and you might pick up a lead for replacement parts from one of their members from up there.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but hope this aids your quest.

DeLong1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Claddagh....Thanks for the quick reply. I took for granted (my mistake) you were talking about a pump take-down. Yes it is an EM-321 made by Norinco, not worth much but it is in great shape and would be a cheap, fun little shooter. These take-down pumps were patterened after the Browning "Trombone" ( I have no idea why it is called this), looks like an exact duplicate. I have tried Numrich, which is only about 40 miles from me, and quite a few other online parts dealers, no luck. I do have a Trombone owners manual coming from Browning and know what the part looks like from Brownings patent.
    Anyway, thanks a lot for your time and input...............I'll keep looking,
    DeLong1

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    the henry website lists the henry .22 survival as having a $270 MSRP. Henry Repeating Arms Rifles
    In other industries the MSRP can be reliably high or low depending on the industry. I am not familiar enough with the gun industry so I'll ask, what would one expect to pay for one in good shape or new.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I always wanted an AR-7 and I finally found one. It had some reliability problems, but I got that taken care of. Many people say they get unreliable when they get dirty, so I took mine all the way down and cleaned and lubed the action. I have a printout of how to do that, complete with pictures.
    It works fine now, but I'm ready to move on...I guess I get bored easily.
    I will post it in the for sale section. I don't know if saying this violates any rules, but if somebody wants to PM me about buying it or trading for it, I'll respond.

Doug

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Does a new henry Survival .22 need any kind of breaking in protocol? I've never actually owned a new rifle before and have no idea if the concept of breaking it in only applies to certain types or calibers.

I found a Henry Survival at (His and Hers) Target Sports in Sheridan and bought it. I've been in there several times and unless I just didn't notice it, this was the first time I saw one there. I bought it for either $215 or $225 I cannot remember exactly. Its new and black. I bought a handgun at the same time so I cannot remember what portion of the total the .22 accounted for, but I remember it was less than $230.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    The AR-7 is very stowable, an the stock is nice and big as a result of the design. One little complaint I have is that mounting up a scope is really out of the question, whereas on a Marlin Papoose, you'll be just fine.

Top Bottom