• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Just a thought, but I got rid of 2 ground chucks that were living under my deck using subsonic 22 rounds. Penetrated all the way and my neighbor was pulling weeds in his yard and wife was 30 feet away and didn't realize what I had done. Neighbor never heard a thing. It's only like 4 bucks for 50 rounds. Sight in a good rifle at the range, wait for almost dark when they come out, pop, pick them up when it gets dark and dispose. :ar15:

I say left them be outside after you shoot them... Fox or coyote will take care of the dead body

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It's not so much that they "spray" when they die, it's that the muscles that keep the musk contained are relaxed upon death...allowing the musk to come out. And since it may be under a little pressure...

-J-

You know the info is solid on INGO when the physiology of skunk spraying is even corrected! :)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I've only shot one with a pellet gun- a junk Crosman 760, dropped 'em dead on the spot (lefy eye was entrance). But then in death, it relaxed and let out quite a bit of stinky fluid.

Definitely don't shoot them under dwellings (mine was outside).

CB's and a Rem 572 would be my preferred setup.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    We bought a few of [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Trex-Humane-Animal-Release/dp/tech-data/B0040H6ODG"]these [/ame]to take care of the skunks that had infested our old root cellar. We loaded them with grubs and fruit, covered the top, and all but the gate with tarp so we wouldn't get sprayed when we came close, and within the weekend we had them all (8) loaded up and carted them off to the state preserve.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Learn the rules! How about you post from time to time, and get 50, so you can PM people instead of trying to do your own thing?

Just out of curiosity, why would you report a post and then reply, quoting the post you just reported? Now I have to clean that up too. :n00b:

Top Bottom