• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Front Sight had a great article about the benefits of competition USPSA style for the real world gun fight. I wish there was a way for me to post it here, but it is not available electronically. The last article spurred so much discussion though that it would likely be a waste of time anyhow.

For some of us, it was the equivalent of preaching to the choir.

Others may have found it difficult to argue with.

Coach I think the last part of lilratts post says it all
    That earlier article is difficult to argue with.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Front Sight had a great article about the benefits of competition USPSA style for the real world gun fight. I wish there was a way for me to post it here, but it is not available electronically. The last article spurred so much discussion though that it would likely be a waste of time anyhow.

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!

we're%2Bnot%2Bworthy.jpg

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Front Sight had a great article about the benefits of competition USPSA style for the real world gun fight. .... a waste of time anyhow.

Actually, it had TWO such articles this month....

I agree it's most likely a waste of time and effort. But here they are....

-rvb
    seeklander1.jpg

seeklander2.jpg

burner.jpg

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks for the post rvb.

You other guys are right of course. I was waiting on the yeah but crowd. But it is hard to keep a straight face and argue against the real world real life experience of Avery and Seeklander.

I was thinking about this on the way home from class last night. What would be the tactical test or drills equivilent to a USPSA classifer? We could have an invitation to host an event where some tactical drills were run, and a couple of classifiers were run and we could see which crowd fared the best.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    This has been a very informative thread.I plan on getting into either sport when I get back to the states.

One? Try both. If you are interested in them to work on defensive shooting skills, they both have some practical applications.

Try both, think hard about what happened, honestly evaluate your performance, and take the useful things.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was stationed with a guy, that very intelligent. However, he could not pass the basic pistol course. So that he could move on to the practical to get his qualification letter. One day with gun locked and loaded, and finger inside the trigger guard. He went to put his ear muffs on, with the muzzle pointing into the air. Lets just say the guners mate ended his shooting session. I want to compete, win or loose I think it would be fun. Some also do not realize, that your gear is just as important as what weapon or ammo you use. Some do not want to follow the rules of the range, because they think they know everything.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    One? Try both. If you are interested in them to work on defensive shooting skills, they both have some practical applications.

Try both, think hard about what happened, honestly evaluate your performance, and take the useful things.

I will try both, but I can't afford to compete in both regularly. I also play paintball and build cars. I can't afford to get too deep, lol.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom