Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    On the subject of encryption, I heard a short interview piece with an official with Interpol. He said one of the toughest to crack methods of secure messaging was on xbox (IIRC or playstation if I do not) in a first person shooter game, with multiple simultaneous players, they could write text to be viewed by the others by shooting bullet holes in a wall. He said it was almost impossible to crack in real time and left no messages on any server to be pulled out later. When the game ended the messages were wiped. I hardly think giving CIA, NSA, FBI et al a back door into PGP or end to end encryption would help with that problem.

Really? That seems ridiculously cumbersome way to communicate ha I wonder if they are honestly just not smart enough to use regular encrypted forms of communication.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    On the subject of encryption, I heard a short interview piece with an official with Interpol. He said one of the toughest to crack methods of secure messaging was on xbox (IIRC or playstation if I do not) in a first person shooter game, with multiple simultaneous players, they could write text to be viewed by the others by shooting bullet holes in a wall. He said it was almost impossible to crack in real time and left no messages on any server to be pulled out later. When the game ended the messages were wiped. I hardly think giving CIA, NSA, FBI et al a back door into PGP or end to end encryption would help with that problem.

That's a good idea. I don't think I'd ever have thought of that one.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Really? That seems ridiculously cumbersome way to communicate ha I wonder if they are honestly just not smart enough to use regular encrypted forms of communication.

Oh no, they use those, too. The referenced method involves less unique equipment/software (many homes already have a console) and will not attract NSA attention (I assume) by simply being an encrypted communication whether they can read it or not. The Interpol official also mentioned that somewhat less sophisticated jihadiwannabes did not need training in how to use a console, but would need training in how to use more sophisticated encryption techniques.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Oh no, they use those, too. The referenced method involves less unique equipment/software (many homes already have a console) and will not attract NSA attention (I assume) by simply being an encrypted communication whether they can read it or not. The Interpol official also mentioned that somewhat less sophisticated jihadiwannabes did not need training in how to use a console, but would need training in how to use more sophisticated encryption techniques.

Ahh that makes sense, tor is suspicious but everyone and their brother plays Call of Duty on xbox

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Makes perfect sense. Gorilla warfare with low tech tactics.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    C'mon man. You're more intellectually honest than that.

Ah I didn't catch the sarcasm in your post I take it? You do realize muslim pedophiles are the same as catholic pedophiles and not a representative view of the religion as a whole and find Trigger Times posts disgusting?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Not like they could come up with any triggers or catch phrases on PS or xbox, considering the plot of Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc... Teammates in a warzone talking about strategy, guns, etc... every other word would wind up a red flag.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not like they could come up with any triggers or catch phrases on PS or xbox, considering the plot of Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc... Teammates in a warzone talking about strategy, guns, etc... every other word would wind up a red flag.

No kidding, there's an entire level in a COD game in which you simply mow down civilians in a mall then shoot it out with police at the end.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That would be considered sexist now... you must hope that the girl will chase you.

In the coming world it will be "contractual sex" rather than "consensual sex". May even need to file a form with the government.

Top Bottom