• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How about make the Chief/Captain pay for the damages? Give them some incentive to get their boys in line.

I understand where you are coming from but hard to divvy up. I mean, Deputy Pukemeyer could shoot a penned up dog or crash through a sliding glass door without an order.

I'd rather have Chief Wiggum explain himself to the County or City Council after each SWAT deployment. Even an e-mail out explaining why it was necessary to grenade a baby would have the necessary impact.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    How about the parents take care of their kid in the first place.

When I hike in the woods, sometimes I get a tick.....should I be surprised?

When I stay at a sleazy hotel, sometimes there are bedbugs.....should I be surprised?

When I visit Fenway with my ferrets, sometimes INGO has an outage.....should I be surprised?

When I boink my hooker, sometimes I get crabs...(OK every time).....should I be surprised?

When I light my farts while having hiccups, sometimes I fry my sphincter.....should I be surprised?

When I go streaking naked in the winter, sometimes I catch a cold.....should I be surprised?

When I light up my cigar while pumping gas, sometimes I catch on fire.....should I be surprised?

When I cook bacon wearing my birthday suit, sometimes I dance funny.....should I be surprised?

When I take my favorite girlfriend to my wife's favorite restaurant, sometimes I get a divorce......and a broken nose.....and a collapsed trachea......and a testicular rupture......should I be surprised?

When I dress up like a ninja and stand on the highway, sometimes I get run over.....should I be surprised?

When I eat lobster and I'm allergic to shellfish, sometimes I look like Tammy Faye.....should I be surprised?

When I post common sense in the political section of INGO, sometimes nobody hears me.....should I be
    surprised?

So, When I take my family to stay at my drug dealer's house, sometimes my kids face gets blown off.....should I be surprised?

Why is everyone so surprised? :dunno:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How about the parents take care of their kid in the first place.

When I hike in the woods, sometimes I get a tick.....should I be surprised?

When I stay at a sleazy hotel, sometimes there are bedbugs.....should I be surprised?

When I visit Fenway with my ferrets, sometimes INGO has an outage.....should I be surprised?

When I boink my hooker, sometimes I get crabs...(OK every time).....should I be surprised?

When I light my farts while having hiccups, sometimes I fry my sphincter.....should I be surprised?

When I go streaking naked in the winter, sometimes I catch a cold.....should I be surprised?

When I light up my cigar while pumping gas, sometimes I catch on fire.....should I be surprised?

When I cook bacon wearing my birthday suit, sometimes I dance funny.....should I be surprised?

When I take my favorite girlfriend to my wife's favorite restaurant, sometimes I get a divorce......and a broken nose.....and a collapsed trachea......and a testicular rupture......should I be surprised?

When I dress up like a ninja and stand on the highway, sometimes I get run over.....should I be surprised?

When I eat lobster and I'm allergic to shellfish, sometimes I look like Tammy Faye.....should I be surprised?

When I post common sense in the political section of INGO, sometimes nobody hears me.....should I be
    surprised?

So, When I take my family to stay at my drug dealer's house, sometimes my kids face gets blown off.....should I be surprised?

Wow. Their drug dealer's house? Did you even read the articles about what happened? Apparently not if you came up with this load of :poop:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Who is surprised? It's hardly the first innocent blood spilled to stop people from getting high. Everyone knows these berserker tactics can lead to disasters. There are too many public servants drunk with power and high on adrenalin to stop it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Wow. Their drug dealer's house? Did you even read the articles about what happened? Apparently not if you came up with this load of :poop:

Yep - I did.

SWAT team throws concussion grenade into baby playpen during no-knock raid | Police State USA

Alecia Phonesavanh and her family were staying at a friend’s house after their home had been lost in a fire. The makeshift living arrangements left their 19-month-old baby boy sleeping in a playpen in a shared room.

So -
    How many good friends do you know trust enough to let you and your family live with after your house burned down?
    A few?

OK

Now, How many of those friends are dealing drugs out of their house - but of course "Secretly" because you don't know anything about that part of their lives.

I don't have any either.
    Drug dealers don't keep those kind of secrets from friends.

The kid is collateral damage and it sucks that he got hurt. Have you seen what meth does to people.....and kids....and their families?

Why aren't you guys mad at this guy.

https://www.facebook.com/wanist

And here - read this while your at it.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wgcl/drugraidreport.pdf

Last edited:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    If they were living in a den of drug dealers, the police must suck at searching. No drugs were found.

The guy they were supposedly looking for didn't live there.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    There simply has to be reform. I just happen to have some ideas:

1. Deployment of grenade=waiver of qualified immunity.

2. Lack of knock and announce=waiver of qualified immunity.

3. Damages not paid by the city but by the individual police officer's pension/retirement plans.
    Take it from the offending officers retirement plan, fine with me. Just don't touch mine as I have done nothing wrong.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Take it from the offending officers retirement plan, fine with me. Just don't touch mine as I have done nothing wrong.

Who are the offending officers? Swat blames the investigators and these investigators must be Bigfoot as you never see them publicly.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Dead Duck said:
    The kid is collateral damage and it sucks that he got hurt. Have you seen what meth does to people.....and kids....and their families?

You're the kinda guy who blames rape victims for their own rapes, aren't you.

Come on, lady. That skirt was 2 inches above your knees. You knew you'd get raped if you wore that. No one here is surprised. Stop dressing like such a tramp if you don't want to get raped.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Who are the offending officers? Swat blames the investigators and these investigators must be Bigfoot as you never see them publicly.
    Well, the only way you would be able grab money from the pension fund would be through court and a jury verdict. I would guess that the court would decide who is responsible. That is how it usually works, the initial suit will name just about everyone and with time, those not directly involved get dropped, leaving those who are involved somehow and a jury will decide from there.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well, the only way you would be able grab money from the pension fund would be through court and a jury verdict. I would guess that the court would decide who is responsible. That is how it usually works, the initial suit will name just about everyone and with time, those not directly involved get dropped, leaving those who are involved somehow and a jury will decide from there.

Between the investigators who ask for the warrant, the judge who signs it and the officers who serve it pointing their fingers at the other, who's to blame?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Between the investigators who ask for the warrant, the judge who signs it and the officers who serve it pointing their fingers at the other, who's to blame?
    At the end of the day the cop who tossed the grenade is ultimately responsible. We've had cops right here on INGO tell us you're not supposed to throw these things into a room. They are either rolled in through a door or attached to a pole. The cowboy clown who almost killed this baby is the most responsible and it just goes trickling down from there.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    At the end of the day the cop who tossed the grenade is ultimately responsible. We've had cops right here on INGO tell us you're not supposed to throw these things into a room. They are either rolled in through a door or attached to a pole. The cowboy clown who almost killed this baby is the most responsible and it just goes trickling down from there.
    Yup, all the other things are peripheral. The child was harmed by an officer who used a stun grenade improperly.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

I am thinking along the lines of IOLTA which I am subject to.

Thus the judgment would be against the entire fund, but either the cop retirement funds would set up an IOLTA fund or have an insurance policy on it.

I believe my plan would:

1. Get taxpayers off the hook.
    2. Assign responsibility to those who caused the harm.

Anywho just an idear.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Quite frankly, I have no idea of the legality of pulling money from PERF or similar retirement accounts to satisfy lawsuits. PERF operates independently of the city and state departments who pay into it and are self governed and regulated.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I am thinking along the lines of IOLTA which I am subject to.

Thus the judgment would be against the entire fund, but either the cop retirement funds would set up an IOLTA fund or have an insurance policy on it.

I believe my plan would:

1. Get taxpayers off the hook.
    2. Assign responsibility to those who caused the harm.

Anywho just an idear.

So my retirement is in jeopardy for an action by an officer I do not know? How will that have a positive effect on this issues? I see the law of unintended consequences rearing it's head up here.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So my retirement is in jeopardy for an action by an officer I do not know? How will that have a positive effect on this issues? I see the law of unintended consequences rearing it's head up here.

Correct. It is extralegal supervision of the police culture. If being a cowboy has a negative financial impact on everyone, no one will be THAT GUY, or THAT GUY will not have a badge long.

JRPLANE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Hagerstown, Indiana
    Well if suit came out of the pension fund, all the bullying, corruption and mistreating of people would slow way down or stop. The good cop would oust the bad cops and stop turning a blind eye to the bad behavior.
    Just a thought.

Top Bottom