• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    I posted an EOTech EXPS3-0 w/ 33 Magnifier on Armslist this morning (its also on here in the classifieds = shameless plug) and here is the email chain that resulted form my post. This screams scam to me, first off it is an optic /w magnifier not a firearm so it doesn't need to go through an FFL, second why would an impaired person who cannot make or receive phone calls want my phone number let alone an optic for a rifle, and in my original post I specified cash or POSTAL MONEY ORDER not a certified check. Anyone else reading scam also?

LARRY:

Sent: Mon, Sep 30, 2013 7:50 am

Message regarding: NIB EOTech EXPS3-0 w/ G33 Magnifier Good Morning,Just wondering if you have this item still available for sale? Can you get back to me with the final asking price?

Regards....

Larry.

ME:

Monday, September 30, 2013 7:57 AM
    Subject: Re: ARMSLIST - Message from larryhanson212@XXXXX.com about NIB EOTech EXPS3-0 w/ G33 Magnifier

Good Morning Larry, Yes this is still available, The lowest I will go is $1000 for FtF, if you desire shipping I will have to add USPS Priority shipping so total w/ shipping will be $1025 , remember shipping requires postal money order and I will ship the item the same day I receive & cash the money order.

Larry:

Sent: Mon, Sep 30, 2013 11:27 am
    Subject: Re: ARMSLIST - Message from larryhanson212@XXXXX.com about NIB EOTech EXPS3-0 w/ G33 Magnifier

Are you the first owner and how long have you owned it?
    Let me know....

Larry.

ME:
    Monday, September 30, 2013 11:31 AM

Yes I am the first owner, I have had them about a week. I have not mounted them or anything, just took them out of the box to look at them. Things came up and I am in need of cash rather than a toy lol.

Larry:
    Monday, September 30, 2013 11:36 am
    Hello,

Thanks for your reply concerning my inquiry.. $1,025 is a good price for this item...I am quite comfortable with the condition and price of the item but due to the nature of my health, I can not make or receive phone call as I am Impaired. I am also willing to pay for the shipment ..

I want you to hold it for me before any other interested person. Please provide your full name, Address and your Phone number so that I can send your payment. I will be paying you by Certified check. It will take 2 -3 days for the payment to get to you...As for delivery, I will make arrangements for the pick-up after you have received payment, If this meets your approval, kindly get back to me, as soon as possible, with your name, phone # and mailing address where payment will be sent, so that I can make an arrangement on the Check.

Note: As soon as you have your money in hand, we can talk about the picking up of the item. I would like you to take the posting off Arm list today.

I am willing to provide a FFL address to ship to so that you will be sure I am not going to possess it illegally.

Best Regards....

Larry.

digitalrebel80

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Whiteland
    yep is a certified check scam by them time the bank figuires out its fake you have lost the item. Also notice how they never name the item just use the word item these are form letters for the scam. Just forget about it and wait for a real person.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    yep it is i turned that one in already awhile back. all i had to read was "due to the nature or my health"
    armslist said thanks
    they obviously will change the wording somewhat randomly

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I had one that when I read it you could actually read his French Algerian accent. big red flag along with the wanting to buy it sight unseen with no questions. Yeah right!!!!

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    interesting also to note that you wanted $1,000 plus $25 for shipping. He said $1025 was good price and he would make arrangements to pick it up!!! Do I hear $2000?

Rblattner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    They have the same scam with Craigslist also. I was getting almost word for word the same responses. I even specified no text messages and would only do business by phone calls. It still didn't try stop them from trying to arrange payment through Paypal and have an associate come to pick up the item. I smelled scam from the beginning. I finally just started having fun with the person. Told them i had a bidding war going on. They were not interested any longer in my item.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    NO Question: SCAM
    Normal form letter, they would send you a certified check, you deposit it, send the merchandise - a week later the bank sends you notice the "certified check" was a fake. The wording alone is sufficient to inform me it is a standard scam.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I've seen these a dozen or so times before on Craigslist, for stuff as mundane as deck stain.
    Better than sending the goods upon getting a bad check is the "overpayment" scam where they send you $2,000 because their wife/secretary/daughter etc. wrote the check wrong and you send them a refund payment with the product.

How stupid do you have to be to fall for it? Apparently as stupid as my brother-in-law, who paid back an overpayment and waited for someone to come and pick up the clock he was selling as his "certified" check bounced.

Top Bottom