• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    So, my kids are finally getting old enough to play with water guns, and I instantly thought to my childhood and super soakers. Well, I jump onto the interwebs, and find out that super soakers are no longer the way the used to be. This brings me much sadness, and I thought I would share it with you. :(

They now have motorized or short shooting guns, but no longer have the pump action big guns that we used to shoot. I'm very disappointed that I cannot share this part of my childhood with my kids.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Super soakers have nothing on some of the crap we used to make when I was a kid.

We use to take old freon or propane tanks and hook them to the vacuum side of an old refrigerator compressor. draw a vacuum on it then stick it upside down in the bathtub and open the valve. Fill it up to as much as you can carry easily (2-3 gallons if I remember right) Then hook it to the compressor pressure side and filler up. Stick it upside down in a old back pack and strap that sucker on. We use a rubber hose and a blow down tool from a air compressor for your gun. You can knock someone off there feet if your close enough and hit them just right. Gotta make a lot of trips to the air compressor. But Man it was fun!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have a super soaker sitting in the garage. Its a pump action but not one of the cool ones.

I remember one I had - had 3 or 4 tanks for the air/water. Was awesome till the neighborhood butthead decided it was to cool and was mad he didn't have it so he broke it.
    This is the one I had till neighbor broke it
    super_soakers_640_02.jpg

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I searched large squirt gun on amazon and saw a few that might fit the bill for you..just not super soaker brand.

weezy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indiana
    I used to have one that actually shot water "balls". It really was pretty awesome because it was extremely accurate.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hmm. Methinks one could use the tank, pump, hose, and switch from a good-sized garden sprayer to custom build a pretty serious water cannon.

Top Bottom