• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    My wife has a nice little 32 SW long revolver and wanted to see what would be a good option for carrying it in her purse. Thanks in advance for any help.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I carry my Taurus revolver in my purse with something like this.

81361.png

It's a simple Uncle Mike's soft sided hip holster.

Whatever she uses, I recommend keeping the firearm in a dedicated compartment and allowing NOTHING else to take up residence in there.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Agreed on the separate compartment. I keep my LCR in a little suede holster that doesn't have a strap like 88GT's does.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    CCW Leather Handbag Collection

Handbags for Concealed Carry at Galco

My wife uses a Galco Meridian (in black) and likes it quite a lot. It is all leather, including the interior compartments, which makes it much more sturdy than typical "Made in China" handbags that seem to crap out on her after a few months. Pricey, but seems worth it. Also just the right blend of formality and casualness that allows it to be used in different types of occasions, rather than just a low key thing, or just formal.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I would say that your wife should have a purse that is designed for concealed carry. A concealed carry purse both protects the firearm from a ND by covering the trigger guard in it's own compartment. But it also should give easy access to the gun in a non-conspicuous way. My wife can have her hand on the grip of her revolver and ready to pull it out without anyone else even realizing it because of how her purse is designed. I believe it was made and I know it was sold by Gun Supply Store on ebay. And she has been very, very pleased. It doesn't hurt that they seem to have reasonable prices either.

Give them a look and see if she finds something she likes...

GUN CONCEALMENT PURSE, CONCEALED CARRY PURSE items in GUN SUPPLY STORE store on eBay!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    M'lady has, IIRC, 5 gun-carry designed purses. 2 'winter type' (black, brown), 2 'summer type' (black, brown), and a sort of 'burgundy' (only WOMEN know what season that's for!) :laugh:

At least one of 'em is well designed enough that my LEO buddy couldn't even find the handgun in her purse, until she showed him. :lmfao:

Actually IMO they're all that well designed, but he's just seen the one. Of course, he wanted to know where she got it, to pick up one for his wife, LOL.

And yes, I got lots of :wwub: for those presents.

Heheheheh.... some times it pays to be :ladiesman:

Top Bottom