• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    how about 738,539 signatures total in just a couple of days? that is all of the petitions combined unless I missed a few. There are quite a few of them over the 25,000 signatures needed (texas is at almost 101k), and would be many more if people werent idiots and made multiple petitions for the same states.

738,539 divided by 300,000,000+ residents in this country is about .002%.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    how about 738,539 signatures total in just a couple of days? that is all of the petitions combined unless I missed a few. There are quite a few of them over the 25,000 signatures needed (texas is at almost 101k), and would be many more if people werent idiots and made multiple petitions for the same states.

Isn't that about the same as the # votes for Gary Johnson? That'll show them!

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    The first thing that would happen to the new country of Indiana is a cival war, not everyone agrees with the signers of the petition, and of course there would be a power grab for who would run the country. About a week into this we would run out of gas, be cut from the grid for electric, we would still have some power but not enough to keep us at our current level. I feel I could survive in the wild but all these young folks wouldn't make it without MickeyD's, etc.
    Just an old mans thoughts on the subj. at hand

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i'd prefer it more if we could just ship off the idiots and parasites. maybe we can just secede from jackassery? screw up, and we'll ship you to the other of the wall.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    738,539 divided by 300,000,000+ residents in this country is about .002%.

That's actually 0.25% (~ 1/400), but, as my HS physics teacher used to say, what are a couple orders of magnitude between friends?

Last edited:

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    i'd prefer it more if we could just ship off the idiots and parasites. maybe we can just secede from jackassery? screw up, and we'll ship you to the other of the wall.

Where would we ship them? California? New York? Those appear to be the epicenter of the jackassery and some of the strongest supporters of Obama.

Indyerick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I agree that we are not setup to be self sufficient. We rely on on trade with other states and countries to maintain our current lifestyles.

Not to mention we would have NO government in place to interact with other countries either. We'd have to draw up all kinds of treaties and trade agreements.

We'd basically revert back to being agrarian, and would be easily conquered.

It would be symbolic at best.

I could not agree with you more. We just don’t have the resources to handle invasions because at that point you would only have your National Guard.

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The whole thing is, if there would be a succession, I feel that there would be multiple states doing it at the same time, not just Indiana trying to make it on their own. Basically the states that had petitions going within the first day or so. That means there would be approx. 17 states allied together, with a main one being Texas (we all know they would be one of the first ones to get out). Therefore trade is opened from Mexico to Indiana via the states connecting us to Texas. I feel that if some states did secede the states would seize control of the military bases they had, which would give them a fighting chance. Im not saying i'm for succession, because it would be a long tough road and would cause many problems, but how do we think the Revolutionary War started? Or the Civil War. It started exactly how some people are acting today. Just because the technology has changed since then doesn't mean that it would be impossible to secede or for a civil war to start.

Top Bottom