• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I know there's the feeling that these people are whining babies who didn't like the result of the election, but I support their movement for this reason.

The majority of our citizens do not think it's possible that America will cease to exist at some point. They think it's a cash cow of benefits and paternal protection that will forever provide for them and their children through all stages of life.

I think a solid movement of states looking towards succession would possibly start some conversations about "what would happen if 10 states left America". Clearly the first to go would be the welfare system.

don't poo-poo it for the end result, promote the concept of it to educate the ignorant. It's much more likely that America will fall from suicide than from an invading force and these imbiciles need to realize it.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I believe you mean secession. Asking for secession from Obama's administration will probably win you the same results as it did under Lincoln. If people were so concerned about things, they should have turned out to vote. I can hear the wheels turning; "man, voting was to much trouble, but hey civil war NOW THERE is a good idea!" :n00b:

Count me out.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    hah, crap. Sorry about the wrong word. I even googled it to check but didn't read the confirmation.

I'm not saying it should happen, but a national discussion about the possibilty isn't a bad thing. As was said before, "

when in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I believe you mean secession. Asking for secession from Obama's administration will probably win you the same results as it did under Lincoln. If people were so concerned about things, they should have turned out to vote. I can hear the wheels turning; "man, voting was to much trouble, but hey civil war NOW THERE is a good idea!" :n00b:

Count me out.

For who exactly?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Point of order.

Secession is not civil war.

Civil war is one group trying to wrest power from another group for the same country.

Secession is dividing a country or empire into smaller parts.

inrunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Huntington,IN
    I hear what you are saying lets talk but what if they dont play ball "we dont deal with terrorists" to make a example out of us or whomever. "this got out of hand fyi"

Its no good for anyone involved, Say we talked about it, and the best thing would to leave "Indiana" We would fall so fast the next month they would have to take us back in or conquer us.

Think how would we get everyday supplys? No planes bringing goods, the only way would to us the rivers and northern lakes to bring us goods. inflation would be sky high.

Yes truckers could possible come in to new Indiana, and i guess it would give more Americans jobs with border crossings careers. I dont know for a fact but indiana does not even have enough power plants to power her.

We would not be free how would we insure it? it would be like east and west side Germany.
    I know its a little out there but it was typed so why not tell it. Go ahead poke

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I agree that we are not setup to be self sufficient. We rely on on trade with other states and countries to maintain our current lifestyles.

Not to mention we would have NO government in place to interact with other countries either. We'd have to draw up all kinds of treaties and trade agreements.

We'd basically revert back to being agrarian, and would be easily conquered.

It would be symbolic at best.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I hear what you are saying lets talk but what if they dont play ball "we dont deal with terrorists" to make a example out of us or whomever. "this got out of hand fyi"

Its no good for anyone involved, Say we talked about it, and the best thing would to leave "Indiana" We would fall so fast the next month they would have to take us back in or conquer us.

Think how would we get everyday supplys? No planes bringing goods, the only way would to us the rivers and northern lakes to bring us goods. inflation would be sky high.

Yes truckers could possible come in to new Indiana, and i guess it would give more Americans jobs with border crossings careers. I dont know for a fact but indiana does not even have enough power plants to power her.

We would not be free how would we insure it? it would be like east and west side Germany.
    I know its a little out there but it was typed so why not tell it. Go ahead poke

This is huge, and I had missed thinking about this at all. Being off the "grid" would kill an economy. People would literally have to be rationed power.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011

It's not the speed, really, so much, I just wish I hadn't drunk all of that cough syrup this morning.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Why is there always the assumption that secession will result in lack of trade with neighboring lands? Do we shun Canada and Mexico? Does VA/MD shun DC? Does Italy shun the Vatican?

bhvostal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Point of order.

Secession is not civil war.

Civil war is one group trying to wrest power from another group for the same country.

Secession is dividing a country or empire into smaller parts.

"Secession is dividing a country or empire into smaller parts."

Sounds like the solution to many, many problems

~ Brian

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why is there always the assumption that secession will result in lack of trade with neighboring lands? Do we shun Canada and Mexico? Does VA/MD shun DC? Does Italy shun the Vatican?

I have the assumption because Canada and Mexico also trade with the US. If the US stated you can trade with US or Them, not both, what do you think those nation's decision will be?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    My opinion on this is that with all these states asking the same question, it showss those in charge that, even though they were elected, we are still not a happy nation. We need real change, and we need it now, not in a few years.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have the assumption because Canada and Mexico also trade with the US. If the US stated you can trade with US or Them, not both, what do you think those nation's decision will be?

I get the logic presented, but again, why the assumption that a state would be embargoed?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I get the logic presented, but again, why the assumption that a state would be embargoed?

During the American War of Secession, Britian originally sided with the Confederates.

Once it became apparent that the South would lose, they switched to the Federal Side, and stopped trading with the South.

No one likes to be associated with a loser.

Countries would also be fearful of Federals stopping trade with them for siding with a Rebel State.

I think the main problem is that secession would not be peaceful in any manner what so ever.

If it was peaceful and amiable, then I think trade would continue.

I predict it would be violent and virulent. Lots of spite...

inrunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Huntington,IN
    Its like this. You and your girlfriend or wife have been together for years lets 150years and one day because you have been abusing and puting her in the hole she says she wants to leave. So you give her the house and the land. Are you going to go out of your way to make sure she lives comfortable or cut her off and say suck it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom