• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Just got off of a fatal crash where a beautiful 18 year old girl was killed. Her life hasn't even started yet and now it is over. Here one second and gone forever the next. What a waste of life. She was the passenger in a car being driven at very high speed by a intoxicated punk with a prior OWI conviction a few years ago. Her parents and siblings are of course devastated. The mom is inconsolable and kept asking me why,why,why. What do you say?

I get so sick and tired of dealing with ignorant a-- people that think they are gonna live forever and the rules don't apply to them. Numerous lives ruined this morning all because someone wanted to go have fun. I WILL be sitting in that court room when this Dumb a-- gets his prison sentence.

If your gonna drink stay home people or at least have a designated driver. Parents know where your kids are. Know who they are with and what they are doing. Follow through with what they tell you. It might save you a lifetime of grief,guilt and sorrow.

Rant over.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I can hope that your words will have an effect on someone, someplace, sometime. I'm sorry what you have to go through. Thank goodness we have people like you who come to the aid of those who do need help.
    I think it would be difficult to find someone who has not been affected in some way by a drunk driver. May you find peace this morning. Prayers for the young girl and her family.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    This for sure is a tragedy but it does happen. So many young adults or teenagers do not know or understand the meaning of fear yet. They do think they can live forever. Drinking and driving to them does not conflict with death. But it is just not the youngsters either. Many adults drink and drive. Many lives have been lost to drunk drivers. It will only end when the punishments are more severe and also when people stop driving while under the influence. Prayers are sent to her family.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Just got off of a fatal crash where a beautiful 18 year old girl was killed. Her life hasn't even started yet and now it is over. Here one second and gone forever the next. What a waste of life. She was the passenger in a car being driven at very high speed by a intoxicated punk with a prior OWI conviction a few years ago. Her parents and siblings are of course devastated. The mom is inconsolable and kept asking me why,why,why. What do you say?

Been there, done that more times than I care to think about (pulling mangled bodies out of cars).

Please please please tell me the driver was killed. I saw too many instances where the drunk was relatively unharmed :xmad:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Drunk driving laws/punishments aren't gonna change until there are fewer alcoholic legislators (my opinion), and/or the current set of adults (age, not maturity) loses the mindset that drunk anything is not cute, or funny, it's degrading, deadly, and repulsive.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    My dad owned a service station for twenty some years with running a wrecker service. Probably due to my age or being busy trying to get the mess cleaned up (dad always swept glass and debris up. Just not aware of how many of them were due to alcohol. But the bodies, they stay with you forever. May you and the family find some peace of mind.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Been there, done that more times than I care to think about (pulling mangled bodies out of cars).

Please please please tell me the driver was killed. I saw too many instances where the drunk was relatively unharmed :xmad:

You touch upon a sickening irony; it seems like the drunk driver always lives. The drunk plows into a father of three driving home after getting off work at the factory. The father dies instantly and the drunk is staggering around chewing gum when you roll up.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County

Since j706 said he will be in court when the SOB (j706 uses the term dumb***) gets sentenced to prison, I am guessing that the drunk driver lived and his 18 year old female passenger was the only fatality.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus

Unfortunately, it sounds like the driver is still alive.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    You have a tough job and thanks for doing it!:patriot:

I have no tolerance for ANYONE who drinks and drives, especially after knowing someone that would just have someone else blow into his in car breathalizer for him. And this Dipstick owned the bar, that had cops for security guards and I witnessed one help a stumbling man to his car to drive home...:xmad:

Many years ago when I was under 18 and too young/stupid to say anything.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I would not be capable of seeing that time and time again. Thank you for what you do, sorry you have to see things like that. Prayers to everyone involved.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    ZERO Tolerance for drunk drivers!! Sad part is-most do not think they did anything wrong, or have any remorse for what they did.

I have been there and dealt with it. I found my brother laying in the road after some ***hole hit him and left him there. I found out who did it after about a year(No thanks to local police). He had no remorse,sat there grinning through the whole trial, thinking he did nothing wrong.

They need tougher sentences for sure! I can not tolerate the irresponsibility of people who do this with no regard to anyone elses lives that they ruin. Sad part is they do usually live through it themslves and never realize how many lives they have scarred forever.

I think they should have to sit through the funerals of there victims and at least live through, and see how they have wrecked other lives forever!!

My prayers are with you j706 and the family involved.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    ZERO Tolerance for drunk drivers!! Sad part is-most do not think they did anything wrong, or have any remorse for what they did.

I have been there and dealt with it. I found my brother laying in the road after some ***hole hit him and left him there. I found out who did it after about a year(No thanks to local police). He had no remorse,sat there grinning through the whole trial, thinking he did nothing wrong.

They need tougher sentences for sure! I can not tolerate the irresponsibility of people who do this with no regard to anyone elses lives that they ruin. Sad part is they do usually live through it themslves and never realize how many lives they have scarred forever.

I think they should have to sit through the funerals of there victims and at least live through, and see how they have wrecked other lives forever!!

My prayers are with you j706 and the family involved.

A sentence needs to be a sentence. The system has gotten so confusing, with all sorts of special exceptions and good time credit and mandatory sentences and guidelines and such that its hard to tell what a person is really getting without extensive research and hearings.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    What a sad situation. I've lost someone close to me from an accident caused by a Drunk Driver. I've also had someone close to me kill someone by driving drunk. I don't think drunks will ever get it...THAT alone is sad.
    Prayers sent for the girls family and friends. Also, prayers sent to the drunks family.

I too agree that a job like yours, would be hard to carry out without letting it affect you dramatically. It's sad to see ANY life cut short, but even more so by something as stupid and negligent as driving under the influence.

If you're going to drink...stay home. If you go out to have a drink...have a DD that actually DOESN'T drink. I often see people get DD's that drink up until an hour or 2 before they plan to leave the bar, which is crap.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    ZERO Tolerance for drunk drivers!!

If only you could find Prosecuting Attorneys who agree. Someday perhaps? It hard to condemn what you condone.

At least I do not have to listen to the pompous blowhards outside Superior 9 tell me what a "danger" OWI creates for children, women and minorities and the world at large.

Rehired by the Marion County Prosecuting Attorney after a drunken driving crash:

20027418_240X180.jpg

OWI Causing Death dismissed after a .19 BAC cover up:

4912772339_61f0150611_z.jpg

Top Bottom