Not open for further replies.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, here is my mea culpa for my recent unpopular public performance:

It would have been prudent to let another member of the Moderator staff handle the meting out of discipline for the user that was banned. I was too close to the situation. It is far too easy to read things into the situation that were not there:

-The user was not banned for having and expressing a different opinion than mine, he was banned for directly insulting another member (in this case, me). I am not alone in reading a direct, personal insult in the words of the banned user. Personal insults are not tolerated on INGO, even if you feel a person deserves it. Insulting another member directly will result in disciplinary action. In the future, I will be sure to hand off those disciplinary duties to an uninvolved moderator if I find myself in this position again. This was clearly a mistake I have made. I'm sorry, this will not happen again.

-The user was not banned permanently. He received a 2-day cooling-down. He'll be back tomorrow, if he so chooses.

In light of the feedback from a number of fellow INGOers, I offer to you that I had a bit of a bad day, and I ask you to forgive me for it.

Or tear me apart some more. I'm re-opening the thread now.

-Paul

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    GXbLRfn.gif

MommaSarah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I already pay for your children's healthcare...whenever I pay my taxes and my private health insurance. Because you insist on smoking, I'll pay more still.

-Paul

How is this for direct personal insult? Anybody who knows how the current insurance system works can see this is making the implication of that my children are on welfare. They absolutely are not, never will be. The same as your blanket statement that all smokers are drug users and comparing smoking around children to giving your child cocaine. If it is not clear this is Darral27. This is my wife's user name. So just to be clear you are saying it is ok for you directly insult me but if I call you a hypocrite I should be banned for it. Apparently the other mods agree with you on this. I believe the proper blanket statement would be to say all mods are hypocrite's.
    I sent a message to Fenway on facebook. He can't even do the courtesy of taking the time to reply. You post up a supposed butt hurt apology but yet in the same paragraph that you say you were having a bad day you also state that my ban stands. That is ok. Calling you a hypocrite is actually statement of fact that can easily be backed up by reading your posts in this thread. Not a personal attack. You are what you are. Have fun with that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom