• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    When I ran my last street car I had a container full of my own special compound that ran to the tires through an older windshield spray pump. Activated from a switch panel I could get the car up on the line lock and prep my own launch box. It did work very well. It had all the launch electronics and a trans brake.

Farm truck is just crazy.
    I had an old washer fluid tank with a pump in it mounted in the trunk of one of my old cars. It was plumbed out the trunk lid for tailgaters! I still have the set up in my garage.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had an old washer fluid tank with a pump in it mounted in the trunk of one of my old cars. It was plumbed out the trunk lid for tailgaters! I still have the set up in my garage.

This is the set up inside my 65 Biscayne.......Yes, street driven regularly but not by the wife....:)

Red button trans brake. Red button on shifter is the line lock. Green button is 4 wheel line lock. It had a burn out rev limiter and a launch limiter. Full on Bracket car.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    This is the set up inside my 65 Biscayne.......Yes, street driven regularly but not by the wife....:)

Red button trans brake. Red button on shifter is the line lock. Green button is 4 wheel line lock. It had a burn out rev limiter and a launch limiter. Full on Bracket car.

Did that old cassette deck work ? Must of blow'd the nobs off it !!!! :) Would be nice to see the rest of the car too...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have posted these before.
    65 Biscayne.
    391 stroker. All the good internals. 600 plus at the crank on engine. 250 H.P. Nitrous plate system (2 fuel press. gauges on the cowl....1 engine, 1 Nitrous) 4800 stall in the reverse valve body T-400 with gear vendors OD, 4 wheel disk brakes, 4.56 gears, Hotchkis suspension....much much more.
    Street driven and raced regularly.

11:80's through the mufflers in street tune.
    11:60's uncorked
    11:30's with 100 HP Nitrous
    11:00's with the full monti and traction issues.
    4200 lbs. wet with me in the seat.

The old casset was in the dash when I bought the car as an engineless roller. Never tried it. Dash filler/conversation piece....:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was watching previews for the show and somebody gets out of shape and straight up on the right front. I can not tell who's rig it is but looks flat black.....???????

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    CM I've said it before but I love that car. '65 Biscayne is my #2 dream car behind a '63 Tempest super duty clone. Those b bodies drive so nice, my dad grew up riding in a '65 Impala SS 396 triple white convertible, my uncle has a '66 Impala SS that we just dropped a 383 GM crate and a 700r4 in, thing cruises amazingly.

Jon

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM I've said it before but I love that car. '65 Biscayne is my #2 dream car behind a '63 Tempest super duty clone. Those b bodies drive so nice, my dad grew up riding in a '65 Impala SS 396 triple white convertible, my uncle has a '66 Impala SS that we just dropped a 383 GM crate and a 700r4 in, thing cruises amazingly.

Jon

The big Chevy's from the mid 60's are some of my favorite body styles. I re-built a 67 in the mid 80's. It was a sweet car.
    To make that big car run that hard was a lot of fun.

Top Bottom