• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Used to play around in a woods that had cemeteries on both side of it ,Me & my buddies had found everything from candles in a circle to a burned pentagrams in the ground & on trees plus the occasional dead lamb( nearby was a sheep farm ).Never seen anyone around & I spent a large amount of time in those woods camping ,hunting & fishing .Before its brought up never seen any undead as well ,definitly would be in the first strange thing paragraph.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    When I lived in SW Indiana, I ran across a number of interesting things. My neighbor down the road had a still going. Best paint thinner I ever used!
    While mushroom hunting, I came upon a commode. I figured the squirrels must have needed a porta-potty. :D

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    One time a long time ago,(1980) my cousins and my brother and sisters were exploring the fields behind our parents house. About a mile into the corn field we came to a clearing that had a small pond in the center and we found a freshly killed calf.
    The blood was still very wet and the flies hadn't begun to cover it.
    The strange parts were
    1)there are no cattle anywhere near the area.
    2) we found no trails or sign of what had killed it.
    3)It looked like it had just been torn open maybe a minute ago.

The next year we found 5 motorcycles strewn around the same cornfield in the same clearing.
    No trails or anything, plus they were in pretty new condition at the time.
    Went back to the house to get Dad.
    When we got back they were gone, only the depressions where they had laid were left.
    We never heard them start up anything, someone went alot of effort to push them in and out of there.

Another time (1989)I was home on leave from Basic and was designated driver for my Siblings and their friends as they decided to get stoopid drunk.
    They decided to go down to Bonnell and the 5th bridge down near New Alses(sp?).
    To see if they could find the Ghost of Mary.

The story of the Ghost of Mary and the 5th bridge, is that years back there was a railway that went over the bridge and this woman know now as Mary lived not too far from there with her mentally challenged son.
    Well one night the kid wanders from the house , finding that her son is missing Mary goes looking for him and finds him wandering on the tracks.
    As she gave chase to him. he decides to run onto the bridge thinking it's a game.
    The story goes as soon as she almost has him a train comes down the tracks and splatters the kid in front of her eyes just before it kills her too.
    The story goes that if you go at night and stand on the brigde and call out "Mary I have your baby!" she will appear crying for you to return him to you.

So anyways, they convince me to drive them down there to find out if Mary would appear. So we get there and I park under the bridge while they call for Mary.
    They get out and climb the hill to get on top of 5th bridge and begin calling out "Maaaarrryyyyy! We got you Baaaabbbbyyyyyy, Maaarryyy we got your F'ing Baaaabbbbyyyyyyy" over and over.
    I'm in my truck with the seat reclined while I listen to these fools.
    I hear footsteps coming down the gravel drive and see who I assumed was one of the people that lived nearby. When the woman came to my side of my truck and asked what the noise was about, i told her that it was my idiot family and their friends trying to call up Mary. To which she replied something along the lines of "its not good medicine to harrass the dead especially the ones who died tragicly"
    I agreed with her and said I am sorry that we were disturbing everyone. She said "Thank you Michael, you are one of the nicer people I have come across. Maybe I should put a scare into them" and walked back the way she came.
    Less than five minutes later, they get quiet. No giggling, snickering nothing. Then they all let out this scream of terror and come jumping off the bridge, rolling down the hillside and bolting for the truck. They piled in back screaming for me to get out of here ASAP. After getting back home , I casually asked if they saw Mary.
    They go on to tell me that they had gotten on the bridge and then spread out facing both ends and began to call for Mary. After calling out they turned and found a woman standing among them crying holding out her hands and asking where was her baby.
    I think they saw something, because they seriously jacked themselves up coming off that bridge and were pale.
    I laughed and told them about the woman I was talking to, and how she knew me by name and said she gonna put a scare into them. They asked what was I talking about since no one lives within walking distance of where we were.

Kinda freaky,

Last edited:

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    06 I was metal detecting deep in the woods of brown county. I got a silver hit 10-16 inches deep. I made a plug sifted through the dirt and was very excited at what I found. A very warn looking ring with some type of Arabic writing all around the inside and outside.

For two years straight I tried to find someone who could read the language. I tried major universitys coins shops...EVERYTHING. I took it to a coin shop in Nashville last year and some kid over heard me talking to the owner. He creeped up and was looking over my shoulder. He confidently stated it was a Lord of the rings promotional ring. I explained to him where I found it and had a good laugh with the store owner.

I had seen the movie lots but never really paid that much attention. I got online to check out a picture of the ring. When I found one I almost cried. I had put this $1.00 piece of scrap metal in a case and drove over 100 milestrying to find someone who spoke elvish.
    images

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    another more neat than strange one. in the Adirondacks in upstate New York me and my grandpa were making our way through the woods to get to a fishing spot. i found a few deer vertabrae along with a small portion of rib.(not the neat part though). so pretty far back in the woods from the edge of the lake we were going to we walked up on the block foundation of a small house or more likely a hunting shack or something like that (it was literally the foundation only, barely out of the ground so it was either real old or just torn down). it was real small, like the size of a room. well anyway walking around the outside of it i found the sole of a very old shoe and the frame of an old revovler. looking back i wish i was older and was more into guns than i was at the time and taken that frame.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I will share a few quickly. I have several, as I grew up in the woods pretty much. From birth to age 12 I probably spent all but 2 waking hours per day outside, regardless of weather.

While "on patrol" through the woods, my cousin and I came upon a clearing. The clearing was split directly in two by a hill crest. That is to say, half was on top of the hill and then gently sloping downward, and not visible, while the side we approached from was at the bottom of the other side. After seeing the top section of a metal tower up over the hill, we decided to stalk up to the crest of the hill to see what we could see. Upon our arrival and subsequent cresting of said hill, (in low craw mode, just like scout snipers) we witnessed something few have ever seen.
    A herd of 37-42 deer grazing. Just hanging out.
    My first thought was, these must be somebody's herd of deer. A deer farmer. I looked around. We had trek'd in an hour over rough terrain to find this tower (our objective). We knew the nearest road was at least 1/2 mile south of the tower, because that was the road we'd seen the tower from. The next roads were a mile in either direction (E/W), and then the other road was 3 miles north. No way that there was a farm there. Plus the tower... it just didn't seem right. The clearing was made for the tower. It was not accessible from any side at all. No trails in or out. No fences around anything.
    So, we laid there, taking turns watching these deer, counting them, through our scopes and my binoculars. My cousin was bound and determined to get closer, and so was I. We figured we could make it to the base of the tower before they spooked. Boy were we wrong! As soon as we crested the hill enough to be profiles on the other side, one deer caught movement, flagged it's tail, they all looked up, and ran off. It was MAGNIFICENT. Just Awesome. LOUD. Boy was it loud.
    After we were sure they were good and gone, we crossed over and took a look around. There was no sign of man, save for the tower, within eyesight or earshot. These were wild deer.

Another.

My cousin and I were "on patrol" at the front (road) side of his property, following the creek. We came upon a snake, eating a frog, but from the wrong end. At first, I thought it was a snake with legs, then realized it was a snake with a frog's butt in its mouth, or rather, a frog with a snake for a pain in the ass. My cousin, who's on point, says "****, **** that, **** that **** right in the head!!!!!" I shouldered my Powerline 880 and fired one round killing both frog and snake.
    It seemed only reasonable. Frog was too big for the snake. Snake was too stubborn to let go. Frog was too stubborn to die. I helped em both out.

Another

While "on patrol" through a small patch of woods adjacent to our land, that served as a cut through to a friends place, I stumbled upon a recently dead coyote, just laying there. It scared me, because I only had a small knife, and was thinking "This sucker is gonna wake up and come after me". So I startled, got my knife out and stood there. Realized he was down for the count, and moved on. Still kinda scary.

Last edited:

Ted 40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    2 guys in northwest ohio ,dressed in hunter orange, drove accross a very large frozen cornfield in a camaro, rolled down their windows, left the car running, and thought they were Deerhunting. I was in a stand in the woods about 150 yards away and watched them for about an hour before deciding that I probably wouldn't see a deer that day. The path to my vehicle went right past their car. They were friendly enough to ask if I had seen any deer. I asked why were they staying in the car. The answer was it was cold, and they had the heater running.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    These weren't camping, but out working on my backhoe late one night.

I wish I had the trees in the pic, but I had a brainfart. They were in the Paragon area, and blinked out in an instant while myself and two daughters were looking at them. X-Files SPOOKY.

Now I know I am on a list!!!!!:tinfoil:

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Found a Jobsite box in the creek bed, near my brothers house Saturday.
    Was still locked.
    Will go back and see whats in it this weekend.
    Strange part, is that the road is roughly 100' from where it is currently sitting.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Many years ago when I was much, much younger and in a hek of lot better shape, some buddies and I were at Brown County State park. We were having a little foot race to get to one of the lakes in back of the park. I took a short cut up a steep hill and half way up I was almost exhausted, stumbling, etc. When I got to the top I ducked for some low hanging branches, stumbled, and ended up on a blanket with an amorous couple doing the "wild thing". Talk about a rude interruption! I never will forget the look on their faces. "Excuse me, Maam, I said, and took off! When I looked back they were going at it once again.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Not really in a woods...

I seen a Sergeant Major Recently talking with a Bird Colonel about which "Road" was better to get where they wanted...

Wait for it...

They were pointing at Rivers on the map...

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    A friend was hunting in SW GA when a squirrel, wrapped in a 4 foot rattlesnake, fell from at least 15 feet above him. That was the lowest branch. He was amazed a rattler would climb a tree for a squirrel.

More likely the snake hit the squirrel on the ground, and then the squirrel ran up the tree before the venom took effect.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    Not strange but cool. While deer hunting I saw a owl swoop down and snatch a squirrel off the ground.

I saw a red tailed hawk do the same thing. I've got a friend who's dad says he saw a hawk haul off a half grown cat as he watched from his deer stand.

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    i saw a moose crap off a cliff..was in Roosevelt national forest at the time, and at first we were so scared to see such a large animal we didn't notice what he was doing. When we did we laughed so hard we cried.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I saw a red tailed hawk do the same thing. I've got a friend who's dad says he saw a hawk haul off a half grown cat as he watched from his deer stand.

I had a Red Tailed hawk try to do that with my head while in a tree stand once. He came so close I felt the wind off his wings when he turned.
    Scared the crap out of me.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    i got woke up one night by some sort of god awful growling and screaming\screeching. when i opened my curtains i saw a coyote in my front yard with my neighbors cat in it's mouth. they were all outside trying to figure out what to do. the cat was going f'in nuts. the coyote just turned and walked across the street and disappeared. all i could think about was the national geographic theme song.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    A few years ago in our back yard we watched a young redtail catch a rabbit, another youg redtail challenged him for it and a fight ensued. After they settled their differences and began ripping the fur from it together (the sound is awful) a much LARGER redtail swooped in and took the rabbit! The younger birds just sat there for a bit, flew around as if they couldn't decide to challenge the larger bird or not and watched heart broken as the larger bird ate their prey....

Top Bottom