• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Well, everyone in this small town invited me to spend the night there. The sheriff said I had to leave the next morning, and when I got up they had all written letters to people in other towns and left them on the door step so I would take them with me and deliver them. They gave me one of their only remaining horses to ride, even the sheriff gave me a letter to take to his sister. I really didn't know what I was getting in to.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Well, everyone in this small town invited me to spend the night there. The sheriff said I had to leave the next morning, and when I got up they had all written letters to people in other towns and left them on the door step so I would take them with me and deliver them. They gave me one of their only remaining horses to ride, even the sheriff gave me a letter to take to his sister. I really didn't know what I was getting in to.

Hell, you should've seen the time I lived in a land of nothing but water. I also had gills in the back of my ears. Met this good looking lady and a kid, and we ended up finding land finally after a long struggle with pirates.

I should try to write a movie script about that adventure! :D

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Hell, you should've seen the time I lived in a land of nothing but water. I also had gills in the back of my ears. Met this good looking lady and a kid, and we ended up finding land finally after a long struggle with pirates.

I should try to write a movie script about that adventure! :D

LMFAO nice...:laugh:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    One time I was out with my coon hounds Dan and Ann and we were chasing this impossible ghost coon... wait tell me if you have heard this one?

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    The pig was found in yet another abandoned barn about a half mile from the one mentioned above. This one was only about 50 yards off the road so it was far from being hidden. We used to go in there and shoot BB guns and hang out. One day we went in there and found the mutilated pig, satanic paraphernalia, candles and other weird crap. It was kinda spooky.

Well....did you shoot it?

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I went squirrel hunting one time in Morgan/Monroe. I hadn't got a shot for a couple hours. Walking along and I heard something crashing through the limbs above me. As I looked up, A squirrel came tumbel'n down and landed on the ground at my feet. It knocked it out, so I pulled out my knife and cut off it's head, threw it in my vest. Not 1/2 hour later, the very same thing happened again. That was the only two I got that day. No $#!+

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    The first time I got drawn for the reduction hunt at Brown Co. State Park, I spotted a bedded doe. She was across a valley and not very far up the opposing hillside. I was hunting with a borrowed, scoped, 12g. At 125yds, I wanted to take good aim. As I am scoping her, she takes her fore-legs and burries herself in leaves, even her head. A few seconds later, two hunters pass right through my cross-hairs. I didn't know, at the time, a hiking trail passed through there. After the hunters pass, the doe pops right back up and continues resting. I then pick a spot, and get ready to shoot, and she does it again. This time I can hear two different hunters talking. I have already lifted on my shotgun, because I am expecting them to be walking the same trail. Sure enough, they were. The hunters clear the area, the doe pops back up. I make sure no other hunters are coming. I take a good rest, and end up taking two shots at her before she gets up and walks away. I later walk over to check for blood, and can clearly see two low misses. Her bed was just 15 feet from the trail. I was glad she got away. She deserved it. 20/20, all my buddies said I should have just walked up on her and whacked her in the leaves.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I saw a cougar just outside of Plains, GA. DNR said it must have come up from Florida with all of the fires they were having in the panhandle.

I caught a salmon in Kodiak, Alaska with a huge bite taken out of it's back. THe guide said it was from seals.

A friend was hunting in SW GA when a squirrel, wrapped in a 4 foot rattlesnake, fell from at least 15 feet above him. That was the lowest branch. He was amazed a rattler would climb a tree for a squirrel.

john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In 1986 we dug an 1.5 acre pond on my grandfathers land in huntington county. We stocked the pond with only female bass and redear bluegill. Ten years later we had about roughly 40 bass in the pond 5-8lbs each. It's was a blast to catch them. The pond was dug within 60 yds of Black Creek. In 96 ( I think) we had a flood that connected the pond to the creek and most of the bass were lost. We killed off most of the pond and started over with male and female bass and bluegill. We would occasionly catch a bull head or spot a carp and assume it was left in the pond from the flood. In 1999 my dad was fishing using a 5 inch bluegill as bait and hooked and caught a 24 inch 5lb 1 oz crappie. What makes this story strange is that we didn't have it submitted to the record books or even take a picture. We just measured it weighed it and pops tossed it back. Never saw it again. The pond is located only a short distance from where the creek meets the salamonie river. Now days we can't grow any fish in the pond because river otters have began living in the creek and our bass make an easy lunch for them.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    In 1986 we dug an 1.5 acre pond on my grandfathers land in huntington county. We stocked the pond with only female bass and redear bluegill. Ten years later we had about roughly 40 bass in the pond 5-8lbs each. It's was a blast to catch them. The pond was dug within 60 yds of Black Creek. In 96 ( I think) we had a flood that connected the pond to the creek and most of the bass were lost. We killed off most of the pond and started over with male and female bass and bluegill. We would occasionly catch a bull head or spot a carp and assume it was left in the pond from the flood. In 1999 my dad was fishing using a 5 inch bluegill as bait and hooked and caught a 24 inch 5lb 1 oz crappie. What makes this story strange is that we didn't have it submitted to the record books or even take a picture. We just measured it weighed it and pops tossed it back. Never saw it again. The pond is located only a short distance from where the creek meets the salamonie river. Now days we can't grow any fish in the pond because river otters have began living in the creek and our bass make an easy lunch for them.

Sounds about like our pond.. our hybrid blue gill that aren't supposed to breed, have been breeding for about 3 years now.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I just read all 37 pgs of this thread on glocktalk.....WOW some crazy stuff. Strangest things I've ever seen are some old cars in the middle of no where, as if they've been there since they were brand new. Also have seen a fairly new jeep cherokee flipped upside down about 20 feet down in a quarry, went back to check on it a few times over a few weeks and every time something different would be missing! Tires, shocks, axles, cd player/speakers, now that I look back on it I probably should have called it in to see if it was stolen or something. Don't understand why someone would leave there some what new XJ layin down there! This thing was nice, had a lift on it and the whole 9 yards. I was young and dumb.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Not really weird, but neat.

My parents woods that dad and I deer hunt on has a spot at the corner of the property on a river bend that has dozens of Great Blue Heron nests, they use it every year...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I suspect that many INGO members are also GlockTalk members...

A thread with the same vein has been going on there for about a year and a half, now. Many many many pages of people's experiences. There are also a few links to similar threads on more message boards.

Not to take away from this thread at all, but if you want to be entertained for HOURS, go here: What is the strangest thing you have seen in the woods? - Glock Talk

-J-

That thread is pretty funny.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Strangest thing- seeing what seemed like a hundred tiny heads poke up through a beaver dam while fishing back home in KY. The allure of it quickly ended when we discovered a huge momma cottonmouth laid out like a log.

Coolest thing- saw an eagle come down and grab a fish out of a lake in Spencer County this year.

A note on cars out in the middle of nowhere. I've seen some like that as well and for years had no idea why. Recently an older gentlemen in my church told me that it use to be common practice for car dealers to have people take their cars out away from everyone and hide them during year-end inventory. When the tax man did his business- no car, no taxes!!! Come January the cars were returned- but sometimes they simply forgot about them.:laugh:

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Strangest thing- seeing what seemed like a hundred tiny heads poke up through a beaver dam while fishing back home in KY. The allure of it quickly ended when we discovered a huge momma cottonmouth laid out like a log.

Coolest thing- saw an eagle come down and grab a fish out of a lake in Spencer County this year.

A note on cars out in the middle of nowhere. I've seen some like that as well and for years had no idea why. Recently an older gentlemen in my church told me that it use to be common practice for car dealers to have people take their cars out away from everyone and hide them during year-end inventory. When the tax man did his business- no car, no taxes!!! Come January the cars were returned- but sometimes they simply forgot about them.:laugh:

Wow i bet that didn't save them much money when you end up losing a couple $20,000 dollar cars...

D.B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Avon
    On a Wed. afternoon during a sping season my wife and I set out for a hike at a very small nature preserve in the Park county area. Just a sign in box at the trail head and we were off. After about a 20 min. walk we saw a person coming down the trail towards us dressed in a full Indian Head Dress, all the garb including moccasins, face paint and tomohawk. Completely shocked and in disbelief were met by this man who we quickly realized was quite mentaly challenged. He explained to us in great detail how he had made the entire costume by hand in the traditional ways bla bla bla..... It was very well made and very accurate, also VERY STRANGE! Kept a close eye on him and his tomahawk as we parted ways and yes were carrying that day and will always do so in the future! WOW!

Top Bottom