• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    I searched to make sure this wasn't a thread already and didn't see anything.

I have noticed in the few years I have been a member that some of you have odd profile pictures. So I am wondering what the story is behind everyone's picture and how or why it is set as your profile picture.

My profile picture is a picture I took through my telescope of Saturn. It was the first picture I ever took of it, and to this day the picture wows me that I was able to capture the planet. I am a huge astronomy buff and love looking into the night sky whenever time allows.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Mine is the battle pennant (Regimental colors) of the Cavalry Troop I served with in Viet-Nam in 1969/70/71. D Troop,3d Squadron of the 5th Cavalry Regiment or D 3/5. :cool:

PS: Sorry about that I misread the title and explained my Avatar. My profile picture was taken in July of 1970 by my door gunner in the OH-6 scout-ship,"LOACH", I was flying at the time.

Last edited:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    At the time it was built I had no idea about it. About 5 years after it was built it became a dream of mine to own. Years after that I had the opportunity to buy one and did.
    Today we know this as the E39 M5 (2002 - The Beast)

Side story: found it by accident, was looking for an M3 but at the time all the dealers had sold theirs or the car didn't fit what I was looking for (budget or color). Finally called one dealer who usualy would of laughed at my budget but somehow had an "M" in my budget, but not the M3 I was looking for. Before I could say thanks but no thanks he told me what he had, how much, how many miles, and they were closing in 30-60 minutes. I was able to park her on the driveway that evening - Christmas Eve.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Funny and ironic. This is my avatar on the Air Force related forum I frequent.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My twin Grand daughters. now 2 years old. I change it as they grow. I call them the terrorists because they are.

Latest pic terrorizing the kitchen cabinets raiding the cereal.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I quit smoking and took that money I would've spent on smokes and saved it. At the one year smoke-free mark, I took the money and bought myself my Holy Grail revolver as a reward and a reminder never to start again. 3" 686+.
    I have stayed the course and am almost 3 years smoke free.

Top Bottom