• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Can I borrow your shovel?:): IF the weather were to cause a week long power outage here then I can guarantee without a doubt that I will have the best shoveled sidewalk in the area. Two kids and their mom in a small house for an extended period of time would lead to some serious outside labor.

Note...I did not say it would be me doing the shoveling as I am smarter than your average 2nd grader:D

:):, in my neighborhood there is always someone walking around asking for $$ to shovel and im happy to oblige.

Indianajeff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Indiana
    18-24 here, hope we get it all, i FREAKIN love snow! It does make for an interesting ride home from work at 1am. Beats the hell out of severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings!!!!

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I think Weather men are paid under the table to predict bad weather so people will spend more money....and it works

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I predict we will get one inch of snow, and hundreds if not thousands of people will slide off the road, because 90% of people on the road have absolutely no clue in the world how to drive.

I should buy a wrecker and make a fortune.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Try locating a gravesite, getting your equipment in and then digging in all that! Then there's clearing the drive's for the procession and a path to the site that is dry and safe so someone doesn't slip and fall and then sue our pants off. All done with just a day's notice too. It get's pretty hectic in my line of business when these storms hit but hey, after 30 years of doing it, it's pretty routine. This is northern Indiana and you expect and prepare for it and it just makes you appreciate spring that much better. :)

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I'll just watch whatever happens. I'm retired, so I don't have to go anywhere, and my generator works just fine, 150 gallons of fuel for it, and we've got right at 6 months worth of food/water.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I will be getting the blade put on the truck this morning when I get home from work, and have the wife's Jeep set with all the things she will need in the event of a slide off(blankets, etc). As for snow, oh let's say 14" when its said and done.

-MColford

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I am with you there. I have never had to shovel rain...LOL

Not even during the first weekend of June '08? :dunno:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal-- it's an demanded expectation.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I do business with a guy in Chicago every day. Talking with him this morning, they were talking 28 inches possible, with 50+mph winds. Drifting snow up to ten feet! I'd say O'hare will be closed for a few days if that happens.

Anyway, as for the Ft. Wayne area, I'm hoping it stays snow only. If we successfully avoid the ice, I'm guessing about 8-10 inches total, but blowing and drifting will be the problem. High winds on the backside of the storm.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    The storm started a few hours ago. Thin layer of ice on all roads. Had to go to mall to drop of a jacket wife mended for a friend. People were spinning their wheels on ice all over the place.

Top Bottom