• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Just heard a fellow on the news say that,no armed citizen has ever stopped a mass shooting. Is he correct? Just curious.

Keep in mind...most 'shooters' choose 'gun-free' zones to carry out their deeds...the only logical reason I can think of as for why they would choose to commit their crimes in that way would be, in part, to avoid being confronted by a legal gun owner! I notice they don't target places like gun stores where, obviously, a bunch of armed individuals would be present to meet them on their own terms.

She is a former LEO who was a volunteer working security at the church! Mass Murder Prevented by Off-Duty Cop - Katie Pavlich

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well...if a bunch of people will give a hole-in-the-wall pizza shop money for refusing service to gays maybe people will give that guy money for doing the right thing? :dunno: Somehow I don't think it will unravel this way though....people are messed up. :bash:

Is purple implied there? I'll assume so, since nothing of the sort ever happened.

(The people who believe that are typically the types who also believe that Sarah Palin siad, "I can see Russia from my house.")

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'll give this guy a solid "B+" for his effort in an article from 2012. He used media sources and not neutral FBI statistics, but his findings on 100 mass shootings are very relevant to this discussion:

The first case is when you don't have armed civilians, but only unarmed victims. The difference in numbers is not a slam on police. It is a simple understanding that they have to run to the scene, identify exactly where the shooter is at the time and then stop him. The civilian is already there and can see what is going on live to act on it.

Ah. But that's a point the media pointedly refuses to point out.
    All armed civilians are bumbling incompetents. It fits the narrative so much better.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Is purple implied there? I'll assume so, since nothing of the sort ever happened.

(The people who believe that are typically the types who also believe that Sarah Palin siad, "I can see Russia from my house.")

It was catering a wedding, and it did happen. What self-respecting gay couple would want pizza catered to their wedding from there I have no idea, but they almost had one million dollars handed to them, which would be better suited in the hands of someone who stopped a mass shooting.

Indiana's 'No Gay Weddings' Pizza Parlor Raises $842,592

I don't really get it though....if someone's business doesn't want to make money off your wedding, I'd be going elsewhere. They did say if in the interview, which indicates no one ever wanted their sh1tty pizza for a wedding anyway, surprise....., but they still got handed over 800,000 just for saying that.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It was catering a wedding, and it did happen.

No, it did NOT happen. A reporter asked the owner's daughter some questions, and one of those questions involved a hypothetical scenario about whether they would cater pizza to a gay wedding. The girl answered the hypothetical question.

No homosexuals were denied service of any kind, including at a wedding.

(Given your ignorance of the facts in this instance, do I need to point out that it was Tina Fay, impersonating Sarah Palin, who said "I can see Russia from my house."?)

What self-respecting gay couple would want pizza catered to their wedding from there I have no idea, but they almost had one million dollars handed to them, which would be better suited in the hands of someone who stopped a mass shooting.

Indiana's 'No Gay Weddings' Pizza Parlor Raises $842,592

I don't really get it though....if someone's business doesn't want to make money off your wedding, I'd be going elsewhere. They did say if in the interview...

Oh, so you admit that you knew that it never actually happened? So why did you say, "...it did happen", above?

...which indicates no one ever wanted their sh1tty pizza for a wedding anyway, surprise.....,

And you know the quality of their pizza... how, exactly?

...but they still got handed over 800,000 just for saying that.

No. They were donated money because their business was criminally targeted and interfered with, and threatened with worse.

You're welcome to your own opinions; however, you're not welcome to your own facts.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I have no idea why you keep bringing Sarah Palin up, unless you're infatuated with her for some reason?

They were given 800,000 dollars in support for what they felt, which was donated via sympathizers. The money didn't come from a law suite. Fact is that people gave them 800,000 and I was simply saying that the guy who stopped the shooter at the base is getting charged for a crime where the people who were being hated on for their opinion on who to cater to, are being handed 800,000 dollars.

I see one person who potentially saved lives and another who voiced their opinion and got some backlash.

The one who actually had any impact on human lives is being prosecuted, and the one who voiced their opinion is being showered with money through sympathizers and people who share the same belief as them.

I never said they weren't entitled to their beliefs. It's just pretty ironic that people are willing to throw money at people who are in the same mind set, yet when someone actually makes a difference, the crowd goes quiet.

Btw how were criminally interfered with? The guy who saved lives is being charged as a criminal.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I have no idea why you keep bringing Sarah Palin up, unless you're infatuated with her for some reason?

No. I am infatuated with the truth winning out over false narratives. The same type of people who choose to be spoon-fed news by SNL and talk shows believed "I can see Russia from my house", just as that same type of people believed that a pizza shop owner refused service to homosexuals. I am infatuated with correcting their laziness/stupidity with truth.

They were given 800,000 dollars in support for what they felt, which was donated via sympathizers. The money didn't come from a law suite. Fact is that people gave them 800,000 and I was simply saying that the guy who stopped the shooter at the base is getting charged for a crime where the people who were being hated on for their opinion on who to cater to, are being handed 800,000 dollars.

I see one person who potentially saved lives and another who voiced their opinion and got some backlash.

"...got some backlash"? Really? Do you have any clue?

The one who actually had any impact on human lives is being prosecuted, and the one who voiced their opinion is being showered with money through sympathizers and people who share the same belief as them.

As for your straw man: has anyone set up a crowd-funding site for the soldier? Has it been proven that the people who donated to the pizza shop owners did/would not donate to the soldier?

I never said they weren't entitled to their beliefs. It's just pretty ironic that people are willing to throw money at people who are in the same mind set, yet when someone actually makes a difference, the crowd goes quiet.

Btw how were criminally interfered with?

Wow; you really DON'T have a clue. They faced credible threats of arson. They were DDoSed. Their online presence was hacked in multiple locations. Fraudulent bad reviews were left on Yelp and similar sites. Their phones were interfered with. They were faced with enough credible, physical threats that they were forced to close their shop temporarily.

That's just what I remember off the top of my head.

The guy who saved lives is being charged as a criminal.

Have you asked those people their opinion regarding the soldier being subjected to court-martial for his act of heroism? Or might you be projecting your own bias of those people upon what you imagine their response would be?

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Every month, the NRA magazine prints a page of stories about people who have used guns in self-defense, and they list the source of the story. If / when someone stops a mass shooter, they'll print it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    No kidding someone just had an aneurysm, step away from the keyboard and put some ice on that bald head of yours.

waaa2waaa2:stretcher:waaawaaa

Says the guy using the bold and extra-extra large fonts? Why does it not surprise me that you project?

Top Bottom