• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK, so mental note folks. If you hear the shooting, get your head down and wait for at least 4 bodies to hit the floor before engaging the attacker. That will fix the pesky catch-22 of stopping a mass shooting too early preventing it from being reported as something it would have been.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Just heard a fellow on the news say that,no armed citizen has ever stopped a mass shooting. Is he correct? Just curious.

He is not correct (already documented sufficiently by others), and more importantly: his point is utterly irrelevant.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    OK, so mental note folks. If you hear the shooting, get your head down and wait for at least 4 bodies to hit the floor before engaging the attacker. That will fix the pesky catch-22 of stopping a mass shooting too early preventing it from being reported as something it would have been.

If there are four or more shooters and you can get them all would that be sufficient

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    From the mass media's perspective, an individual has never stopped a mass shooting and never will. It's simply because until a mass shooting happens, it's just a guy with a gun. Maybe more than one, but if it stops before it happens, then it doesn't exist. An individual might shoot someone with an AR and a bag of ammo, but in their mind, it's not a mass shooting until it happens.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN

Oh, I think the definition's number has been lowered to 3, not counting the shooter. There, I might have just saved a life:):

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The PRAVDA Media has decided that armed citizens are no help.
    If the armed citizen stops the shooter(s) after some were shot, the armed civilian was ineffective because some people were shot.
    If the armed citizen stops the shooter(s) before anyone is shot, it isn't a shooting and won't be reported.
    Facts and definitions are changed as needed to keep the narrative consistent.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    If the armed citizen stops the shooter(s) after some were shot, the armed civilian was ineffective because some people were shot.
    If the armed citizen stops the shooter(s) before anyone is shot, it isn't a shooting and won't be reported.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If there are four or more shooters and you can get them all would that be sufficient

I think you missed the point in my tongue in cheek comment . I guess I should have typed "wait for at least 4 VICTIMS to hit the floor". I dont care how many attackers there are. I was lamenting that until you hit the magic number of victims, its not a mass shooting so returning fire too early is counterproductive if we wanted to prove the point of "good guys with guns prevent mass shootings" definitively.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'll give this guy a solid "B+" for his effort in an article from 2012. He used media sources and not neutral FBI statistics, but his findings on 100 mass shootings are very relevant to this discussion:

The average number of people killed in mass shootings when stopped by police is 14.29

The average number of people killed in a mass shooting when stopped by a civilian is 2.33

The first case is when you don't have armed civilians, but only unarmed victims. The difference in numbers is not a slam on police. It is a simple understanding that they have to run to the scene, identify exactly where the shooter is at the time and then stop him. The civilian is already there and can see what is going on live to act on it.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think you missed the point in my tongue in cheek comment . I guess I should have typed "wait for at least 4 VICTIMS to hit the floor". I dont care how many attackers there are. I was lamenting that until you hit the magic number of victims, its not a mass shooting so returning fire too early is counterproductive if we wanted to prove the point of "good guys with guns prevent mass shootings" definitively.

Yep, didn't think it through. Sad but true that without 4+ victims ​it just doesn't count

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

These points somewhat exemplify how even someone biased toward gun control, such as Gary Kleck, could find that the true number of defensive gun uses in the US is between 200,000 and 2.5 million, annually: the vast majority don't even involve the firearm being discharged, much less someone being killed.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    The shooting at the recruiting office and then on a naval base in Tennessee was stopped by a naval officer who, against regulations, had a personal handgun. He shot and killed the attacker. Rather than the DoD changing its stance on weapons, and giving this guy a medal, he is going to be court martialed and he will probably never be promoted ever again. Hard right over the easy wrong.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Well...if a bunch of people will give a hole-in-the-wall pizza shop money for refusing service to gays maybe people will give that guy money for doing the right thing? :dunno: Somehow I don't think it will unravel this way though....people are messed up. :bash:

Top Bottom