Stopped by Terre Haute PD for OC'ing -- On a Date!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    For anyone wondering, I prefer piggy back, I think it provides a better tactical advantage as well as a more stabilized firing position, and allows for a faster draw. Fireman's Carriers are just begging for attention

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    For anyone wondering, I prefer piggy back, I think it provides a better tactical advantage as well as a more stabilized firing position, and allows for a faster draw. Fireman's Carriers are just begging for attention

I agree with this post.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Who is this Officer Safety, and why the h-e-double hockey sticks do the police keep trying to give our guns to him?

Oh, and mk2ja, do you have any nekkid pics of your date?

Do you want some?*

* This is a joke. This is only a joke. If this wasn't a joke, and had been an actual truthful statement, I would be a complete jerk. I do not know mk2ja, nor his date, and this joke is not meant to offend anyone. It was just the first thing that popped into my twisted head laaaate last night after reading the repeated demands for "pics or it didn't happen". This was just the first time I had to come back and post these senseless and stupid comments.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I dont understand why its OK for cops to use their powers to push their own personal opinions on people. If OC is legal, that should be the end of the story. The second you showed your LTCH he should of been on his way.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I dont understand why its OK for cops to use their powers to push their own personal opinions on people. If OC is legal, that should be the end of the story. The second you showed your LTCH he should of been on his way.

I agree with you, but in this case he was carrying in violation of a city ordinance, so IMO the cops did nothing wrong.

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    agreed. the cop was an IDIOT to tap on his weapon. if he would have hit the cop (even though I believe he was justified to do so) then he would just be the one paying for it. we only have the rights the kings men give us for now until we get them back.

Justified in hitting the cop? At that, justified in hitting anyone? Are you hearing yourself?

I see a lot of tough talk via the internet, but in the end you, like most people, would shut your mouth and do what the police officer asked you. Or run the risk of getting tazed or worse.

Someone made the comment that I would allow the police to come in and search my home. No, I wouldn't. Unless they had a warrant to do so. But in public, you have to obey and respect them. You may not agree with them, but you have to respect them and follow what they tell you. You can file a complaint after the fact if you feel your rights have been trampled on.

If you shoot your mouth off and challenge them, they will win the immediate battle every time and they may win the war in the end. You will end up going to jail or getting beat up over it. Simply not worth it. If you do things the right way, and the civil way, justice typically prevails in the end. You simply have to do things the right way. A knee jerk reaction will just land you in trouble that you don't want or need.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Someone made the comment that I would allow the police to come in and search my home. No, I wouldn't. Unless they had a warrant to do so. But in public, you have to obey and respect them. You may not agree with them, but you have to respect them and follow what they tell you. You can file a complaint after the fact if you feel your rights have been trampled on./
    Can you cite the IC where it says I have to respect and obey an officer?

I've talked back to several LEO's and have never been arrested for being a smart ass.

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    Someone made the comment that I would allow the police to come in and search my home. No, I wouldn't. Unless they had a warrant to do so. But in public, you have to obey and respect them. You may not agree with them, but you have to respect them and follow what they tell you. You can file a complaint after the fact if you feel your rights have been trampled on./
    Can you cite the IC where it says I have to respect and obey an officer?

I've talked back to several LEO's and have never been arrested for being a smart ass.

I didn't say it was a law. Its about respect. Being a smart ass doesn't build a strong case on your behalf either. It just shows a lack of education and respect.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

I didn't say it was a law. Its about respect. Being a smart ass doesn't build a strong case on your behalf either. It just shows a lack of education and respect.

No you said you have to obey and respect them.

They gotten earn respect, having a badge doesn't mean they deserve my respect, I treat them the same way they treat me, if they are arseholes then I'm an areshole right back, my dad, a former prosecutor, and my "uncles" former LEO's taught me that.

Last edited:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Justified in hitting the cop? At that, justified in hitting anyone? Are you hearing yourself?

Justified in defending yourself when someone try to take your gun? I think I would be justified in hitting someone that tried to take my gun.

So say you are CCing and someone tries to grab your gun because they made you, would you not feel justified in striking them to stop the theft of your gun?

I certainly would

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    They gotten earn respect, having a badge doesn't mean they deserve my respect, I treat them the same way they treat me, if they are arseholes then I'm an areshole right back, my dad, a former prosecutor, and my "uncles" former LEO's taught me that.

Well, you have been lucky to not run into one that was having a bad day and decided to make an example of you. But one day you just might.

Earn respect? Who are you to say they need to "earn" your respect? You are owed nothing in this life. You are responsible for your OWN actions and attitude, not those of someone else.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

I see a lot of tough talk via the internet, but in the end you, like most people, would shut your mouth and do what the police officer asked you. Or run the risk of getting tazed or worse.

Someone made the comment that I would allow the police to come in and search my home. No, I wouldn't. Unless they had a warrant to do so. But in public, you have to obey and respect them. You may not agree with them, but you have to respect them and follow what they tell you. You can file a complaint after the fact if you feel your rights have been trampled on.

If you shoot your mouth off and challenge them, they will win the immediate battle every time and they may win the war in the end. You will end up going to jail or getting beat up over it. Simply not worth it. If you do things the right way, and the civil way, justice typically prevails in the end. You simply have to do things the right way. A knee jerk reaction will just land you in trouble that you don't want or need.

All the bold parts...

I'm sorry friend, but you are completely wrong. If a LEO sneaks up on me and grabs my gun, how am I to know he's an officer? His stupidity will result in a bad day for at least two people. If he's stupid enough to do something like that, well, he's pretty stupid.

I HAVE to obey and respect them? :laugh: No, no I do not. I don't have to respect and obey anyone but God. Even then... Are you saying that you respect those that don't respect you? Are you saying you obey everything an officer tells you to do, no matter what?

I'm sorry, but if you study history, you'll see that justice does NOT always prevail because the court will believe whatever the officer says 99% of the time in court over anything you have to say unless you have a dozen witnesses and probably video of the incident. Even then...

Look. I respect LE. I give them all the respect they give me. 95% of the time I have complied with with whatever they've asked of me within reason. But I don't pull over as soon as they flip on their lights. I find a safe place to pull over and explain my reasons to the 3 extra officers that show up. I won't give up my firearm to an officer anymore unless I am in the wrong somehow. I learned that some officers will drop, not only your mag and ammo, but your gun as well if you're not careful.

I've fought the law and the law didn't win.

I will not blindly follow and respect those who are disrespectful in return. If I shoot off my mouth to an officer that is being disrespectful to me, I may lose the immediate battle, but I'll win the war because of their own car camera.

Trust me, most people on this website might be complacent enough to do nothing if someone touches their gun, but there are many that would react.

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    Justified in defending yourself when someone try to take your gun? I think I would be justified in hitting someone that tried to take my gun.

So say you are CCing and someone tries to grab your gun because they made you, would you not feel justified in striking them to stop the theft of your gun?

I certainly would

The conversation in that thread was about the police officer. You are saying it is acceptable to hit a police officer?

If they see that gun and feel that you may be a threat for whatever reason, they have to protect themselves and everyone else and take it if they deem it necessary in the situation. Too many have been shot by giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I copied this from SE because it's how I feel also

I'm sorry friend, but you are completely wrong. If a LEO sneaks up on me and grabs my gun, how am I to know he's an officer? His stupidity will result in a bad day for at least two people. If he's stupid enough to do something like that, well, he's pretty stupid.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Earn respect? Who are you to say they need to "earn" your respect? You are owed nothing in this life. You are responsible for your OWN actions and attitude, not those of someone else.

No one in this life is given my respect automatically. Very few get that privilege and they serve this Country in the Armed Forces. If you walk up to me with an attitude, you're not getting my respect regardless what your position in life is. Period.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    The conversation in that thread was about the police officer. You are saying it is acceptable to hit a police officer?

If they see that gun and feel that you may be a threat for whatever reason, they have to protect themselves and everyone else and take it if they deem it necessary in the situation. Too many have been shot by giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

So it's fine for a LEO to detain someone for doing something perfectly legal because they feel unsafe, since when is a uniformed civilian's life so much more important then mine?

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Then they had the legal right to pursue that administrative violation if they wish. They do not have the right to continue their questioning re: the LTCH, or run it.

Man, I didn't figure anyone on this site would rather have their firearm confiscated, a fine levied and potentially their LTCH privileges for the state of Indiana removed instead of answering a few honest questions and letting the police do their jobs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom