• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Perhaps I missed it somewhere - if it was locked then how was the officer able to reach in and take it out without him knowing until he heard the officer say he had it?

I am not saying guns in vehicles are bad. I transport my gear all the time. I am merely trying to find out why the details in the story don't seem to line up....

Its locked at the gas station, then its not so the officer can take it out of the vehicle, etc etc....

Just didn't make sense to me.....
    post # 124

thirdly my AR was secured in the vehicle and anything short of a cutting torch or my key wasnt getting it out of the vehicle while I shopped.

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    I see where he states that he locks it when he is not in the vehicle and unlocks it when he gets back in.. Missed that the first go around. Everybody has their own thing I guess...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Right - that would make sense to me as well - I'm not arguing the use of a rack...

I am trying to find out why its locked while you run inside but yet "seconds" later it's unlocked so the officer can easily remove it during a stop?

Doesn't add up......
    I would direct you back to the website I linked you with earlier... :popcorn:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I see where he states that he locks it when he is not in the vehicle and unlocks it when he gets back in.. Missed that the first go around. Everybody has their own thing I guess...
    yeah we all do. I have a thing my sunglasses go back in the case and not in the dash.. his thing is he locks and unlocks his AR :dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Perhaps I missed it somewhere - if it was locked then how was the officer able to reach in and take it out without him knowing until he heard the officer say he had it?

I am not saying guns in vehicles are bad. I transport my gear all the time. I am merely trying to find out why the details in the story don't seem to line up....

Its locked at the gas station, then its not so the officer can take it out of the vehicle, etc etc....

Just didn't make sense to me.....

What you missed was his statement that he unlocks the rifle when he is in the vehicle and locks it in a lock-able, secure rack device when he leaves the vehicle.

Now, I am not certain (and I'm for sure not going back to read through), but I also thought he said something to the effect that when he was at work, he was in his vehicle.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    What you missed was his statement that he unlocks the rifle when he is in the vehicle and locks it in a lock-able, secure rack device when he leaves the vehicle.

Now, I am not certain (and I'm for sure not going back to read through), but I also thought he said something to the effect that when he was at work, he was in his vehicle.
    you are correct.. he works as a security guard in his vehicle..

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    yeah we all do. I have a thing my sunglasses go back in the case and not in the dash.. his thing is he locks and unlocks his AR :dunno:

Is it a locking sunglass holder? If those things are Oakleys or Under Armour your risking alot if their not locked up. :D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Mine is a closing one, but not a "locking" one...and not nearly as expensive as an Oakley wannabe, even though it's kind of a Harley knock off (at 99¢)..And during "sun" hours, yes; open/shut every single time in/out. :D

1861.png

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Mine is a closing one, but not a "locking" one...and not nearly as expensive as an Oakley wannabe, even though it's kind of a Harley knock off (at 99¢)..And during "sun" hours, yes; open/shut every single time in/out. :D

1861.png
    :laugh:
    I have one of those in the hubbies truck for the cheap pair I keep in there!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Here you go. I was the one that originally inquired about it.

Originally Posted by KG1
    Huh?

Also how was the backup officer able to just reach in an take possession of the AR if it was secured in the vehicle? According to your story it was just lying on the back seat.

Its basically a steel gunrack with a locking cover that keeps the weapon secured to my vehicle.

I lock it when I go someplace and unlock it when I am in my vehicle, When I am at work Im in my vehicle, I stay in my vehicle.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    But Ted, how does an asteroid striking the earth, aliens landing, and your mother-in-law moving in affect the stop? Are unicorns involved? :laugh::laugh:
    You seem to love making something simple into something super complicated.

:twocents:

There are a number of people on this board that take an absolute position on anything presented to them. They take one established state judicial opinion, and invalidate the remainder, simply because the person is/was in "possession of a LTCH". I provide ridiculous examples as a means to convey my point, and am slammed for it either way.

To those individuals who believe that they're right, I don't know why they just don't plaster copies of their LTCH all over their car, put their lawyer on speed dial, and go out for a payday incident with the police.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There are a number of people on this board that take an absolute position on anything presented to them. They take one established state judicial opinion, and invalidate the remainder, simply because the person is/was in "possession of a LTCH". I provide ridiculous examples as a means to convey my point, and am slammed for it either way.

To those individuals who believe that they're right, I don't know why they just don't plaster copies of their LTCH all over their car, put their lawyer on speed dial, and go out for a payday incident with the police.
    The part of your quote that I highlighted in bold is what most people have a problem with when trying to have a serious discussion with you.

You try to interject things into a discussion that don't have anything to do with what was reported in the original OP.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Big Sky ELS Gun Rack....
    Big Sky Racks

Just thought I would toss this down here, no real reason...
    I'd be willing to bet the OP is using something like this...

Jeremy is correct.. I work in some of the nastiest areas, and some of our sites Im willing to bet people would murder their own mother to get in and rob those paydays..

So yes when I go into a gas station its locked, when I get in the vehicle I unlock it.

Top Bottom