• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    For those who don't believe that a simple traffic stop, can't evolve into a Terry stop......(Despite the fact that a traffic stop is a default Terry Stop as penned by Chief Justice Marshall).......

For those who don't believe that a police officer, can't have a reasonable suspicion of the validity of (an easily forged) LTCH.....

For those who don't believe that SCOTUS has more power with the interpretation of law, than that of Indiana Code or Indiana Common Law......

......my message to you is, "Oh well."

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    For those who don't believe that a simple traffic stop, can't evolve into a Terry stop......(Despite the fact that a traffic stop is a default Terry Stop as penned by Chief Justice Marshall).......

For those who don't believe that a police officer, can't have a reasonable suspicion of the validity of (an easily forged) LTCH.....

For those who don't believe that SCOTUS has more power with the interpretation of law, than that of Indiana Code or Indiana Common Law......

......my message to you is, "Oh well."

There's a difference in thugs who don't obey and follow the law, and reasonable individuals who do follow the law.

I can't read Indiana code with respect to those who won't obey it. After all, amendment 777 to the FOPA, and the NFA are both illegal and fraudulent.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    But Ted, how does an asteroid striking the earth, aliens landing, and your mother-in-law moving in affect the stop? Are unicorns involved? :laugh::laugh:
    You seem to love making something simple into something super complicated.

:twocents:

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    There's a difference in thugs who don't obey and follow the law, and reasonable individuals who do follow the law.

I can't read Indiana code with respect to those who won't obey it. After all, amendment 777 to the FOPA, and the NFA are both illegal and fraudulent.

and of course when we ask you if your a "reasonable individual and follow the law" and you say yes we should simply believe you because NO ONE ever lies to us....right?

I personally don't have a problem with an officer having possession of my firearm during a stop but thats me....

I still can't figure out why anyone would drive around with an AR in "plain view" in the back seat but then again - thats just me too....

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    and of course when we ask you if your a "reasonable individual and follow the law" and you say yes we should simply believe you because NO ONE ever lies to us....right?

I personally don't have a problem with an officer having possession of my firearm during a stop but thats me....

I still can't figure out why anyone would drive around with an AR in "plain view" in the back seat but then again - thats just me too....

How about the officers do not ask a bunch of useless questions and just address the reason they pulled someone over.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Might as well let him have your Car Keys too...

Why not, it is not uncommon for me to have an M-Forgery laying on the dash of my pickup...
    Or a Long Arm in the back Window...

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    :laugh:

I was thinking lots of other reasons... transporting to the range, farmer, landowner.. yadda yadda

My point was - he stated he was at Keystone and Troy on his way to work....

Doesn't seem wise to leave a AR in plain view sitting in the back seat of an unsecured vehicle while you trip on in to at the local stop and rob to pick up some Rip It!

Lets get past the stop and chat about responsable gun ownership, trasportation and storage......

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Doesn't seem wise to leave a AR in plain view sitting in the back seat while you trip on in to at the local stop and rob to pick up some Rip It!
    Big Sky ELS Gun Rack....
    Big Sky Racks

Just thought I would toss this down here, no real reason...
    I'd be willing to bet the OP is using something like this...

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

Doesn't seem wise to leave a AR in plain view sitting in the back seat while you trip on in to at the local stop and rob to pick up some Rip It!

Do we know what he does for a living? Is the weapon part of his job? How many Police Cars do I see sitting all over parts of this city with a shotgun in the rack, in plain view :nailbite:. Don't say, but it's locked.. OP says his was locked too when he had stopped.

I was on my way to Plymouth to deliver my daughters Christmas presents, yep 2 AR's with pink furniture.
    I live in Indianapolis, that's a 2 hour drive. Am I not supposed to not stop just because I have AR's in the truck?! :dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Doesn't seem wise to leave a AR in plain view sitting in the back seat of an unsecured vehicle while you trip on in to at the local stop and rob to pick up some Rip It!

Lets get past the stop and chat about responsable gun ownership, trasportation and storage......
    Why not, I carry a Rifle in the back window of my pickup enough to make it fairly common to see it there, wanna reach into my truck and take my Weapon out of it?!
    Bet you don't get to damn far...

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    Do we know what he does for a living? Is the weapon part of his job? How many Police Cars do I see sitting all over parts of this city with a shotgun in the rack, in plain view :nailbite:. Don't say, but it's locked.. OP says his was locked too when he had stopped.

I was on my way to Plymouth to deliver my daughters Christmas presents, yep 2 AR's with pink furniture.
    I live in Indianapolis, that's a 2 hour drive. Am I not supposed to not stop just because I have AR's in the truck?! :dunno:

Perhaps I missed it somewhere - if it was locked then how was the officer able to reach in and take it out without him knowing until he heard the officer say he had it?

I am not saying guns in vehicles are bad. I transport my gear all the time. I am merely trying to find out why the details in the story don't seem to line up....

Its locked at the gas station, then its not so the officer can take it out of the vehicle, etc etc....

Just didn't make sense to me.....

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    Big Sky ELS Gun Rack....
    Big Sky Racks

Just thought I would toss this down here, no real reason...
    I'd be willing to bet the OP is using something like this...

Right - that would make sense to me as well - I'm not arguing the use of a rack...

I am trying to find out why its locked while you run inside but yet "seconds" later it's unlocked so the officer can easily remove it during a stop?

Doesn't add up......

Top Bottom