Stop Insulting My Vote (a libertarian rant)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Bush didn't know what a veto pen was for, I sure don't believe McCain would have either. McCain has been sticking his wet politicians finger in the air for years. Whatever makes him look good is his position for the moment. Anyone remember him setting up his candidacy when he started bad mouthing Bush's handling of the war? He knew the media would flock to him for bashing Bush and they would love him for it.

WHy must EVERYONE fall back on how bad Bush was? I mean Christ! We all know he was a bumbling baffoon, but what is happening now is not directly his fault. Veto or not, if you look at the numbers of who voted for what you'd see that they would have overturned his vetos anyway. And if you think McCain would stand for the Crap they are pulling now you need to think again. His voting history says otherwise.

A good leader doesn't consistently follow bad advice. :twocents:

No, but when you're traveling the Country exhausted and out of your mind with a camera in your face everywhere I'm sure you'd say and do some dumb things too. No offense, just IMHO. :twocents:

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    yeeeaa...This one can be touchy.

I voted Libertarian this time and don't feel bad about it at all. I don't like how things turned out, but maybe we will get "Change" in 2012!

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    WHy must EVERYONE fall back on how bad Bush was? I mean Christ! We all know he was a bumbling baffoon, but what is happening now is not directly his fault. Veto or not, if you look at the numbers of who voted for what you'd see that they would have overturned his vetos anyway. And if you think McCain would stand for the Crap they are pulling now you need to think again. His voting history says otherwise.

No, but when you're traveling the Country exhausted and out of your mind with a camera in your face everywhere I'm sure you'd say and do some dumb things too. No offense, just IMHO. :twocents:

I agree Bush is not president anymore, so drop that stuff.

I'm sick of seeing Obama every single day on TV and the internet too, enough already.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I want neither anarchy nor monarchy. I want liberty. I want all of the rights & responsibilities which are given to me by The Constitution of the United States of America.

Ah-ha! But, NONE of your rights and responsibilities are GIVEN TO YOU by the Constitution! Your rights and responsibilities pre-date the Constitution, and exist indepentantly of the Constitution. Your rights are merely RECOGNIZED by the Constitution as things over which the government has NO authority or control (see the 9th and 10th Amendments). Your rights are in no way dependent on government largesse or executive whim.

The ONLY responsibilities and authorities that are GRANTED by the Constitution are those VERY limited and enumerated powers granted to the government in Article I, Section 8.

The Constitution exists solely as both a limitation on government power, and the framework for its existance. Authority and power flow FROM The People TO government, not the other way around.

If the Constitution were somehow 'suspended,' in part or in whole, our rights would still exist. The government, however, would NOT, since the instrument that is its sole source of authority would not be in place.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ah-ha! But, NONE of your rights and responsibilities are GIVEN TO YOU by the Constitution! Your rights and responsibilities pre-date the Constitution, and exist indepentantly of the Constitution. Your rights are merely RECOGNIZED by the Constitution as things over which the government has NO authority or control (see the 9th and 10th Amendments). Your rights are in no way dependent on government largesse or executive whim.

The ONLY responsibilities and authorities that are GRANTED by the Constitution are those VERY limited and enumerated powers granted to the government in Article I, Section 8.

The Constitution exists solely as both a limitation on government power, and the framework for its existance. Authority and power flow FROM The People TO government, not the other way around.

If the Constitution were somehow 'suspended,' in part or in whole, our rights would still exist. The government, however, would NOT, since the instrument that is its sole source of authority would not be in place.

Aye, that was fixed for me 6 posts later at post #27.

Fixed it for ya.

I concurred 2 posts later at post #29.

Aye, that you did. Thanks :)

Truths, Self-Evident, Inalienable & all that.

Top Bottom