• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ssblair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Elkhart County
    Rule #1: You can never have too much ammo.
    Rule #2: If your house is on fire, any ammo is too much ammo.

My feeling is get a sizeable stash (a couple thousand per caliber) of ready-to-use ammo, then invest in the capacity to assemble more as-needed (get into reloading).

But commercial or milsurp ammo does have a appreciative aspect--the stuff really doesnt get any cheaper unless you buy it in the middle of a bubble (like right now). Kind of like they say: It will never be as cheap as it was yesterday.

:twocents:

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I have a membership at Sportsman guide and every 4 months put in a bulk order and spread the payments out for four months. Several 1ooo's 45, 1000+ for 12 guage mostly in 00 buck, two lead balls, and 100+ in monolith steel slugs. I have all but stopped on the 9mm as it is for my bug for now, 40's working on, 7.62 2000 + and about 500 each for .357 and 44 special. 2000' 22lr. Extra water and food every month and several ways to cook. Am I ready? No, but I keep plugging away and strive to learn. Wife and I are disabled so a bugout is not pratical.

potbelly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    As far as being in a bubble, seems like every election year causes a bubble. Now for the fire, better hope they put the fire out before rounds start to cook off.

Top Bottom