• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I went to my friend amhenry's holster shop the other day to check out some of his cool new holster-making tools :yesway: and took some time to use his soldering iron to stipple my M&P backstrap and mag release. It really makes a difference! The bark pattern gives nice side-to-side grip while still allowing my hand to get up high for a full firing grip. I also like the look of this pattern a lot. I don't really want to do the frame at this point since this was my first go at it and I don't want to mess it up. I found it to be a fun and gratifying activity and I'm probably going to buy a soldering iron so I can mess around with it more, trying different patterns. It was not hard to do and didn't take that much time.

IMG_2771.jpgIMG_2772.jpg

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Looks good. I haven't manned up to go poking my gun with hot metal yet. I need to get my hands on one of these backstraps to feel how comfortable they are first.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm a big fan of "A2 Stippling's" work, but since he was recently deployed, his stippling operation is shut down indefinitely.

408967452.jpg

408967451.jpg

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have done many of the dot style stippling jobs, and I really like them on all my glocks, but I may be getting an M&P soon and may try a different style on it. How did you go about this design? what tip did you use?

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I used a tip similar to the labelled "K" at this link

Very easy to do. Probably took me no more than 25 or 30 minutes.

I have done many of the dot style stippling jobs, and I really like them on all my glocks, but I may be getting an M&P soon and may try a different style on it. How did you go about this design? what tip did you use?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom