• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Apparently, he's charging $0.99 for his "opinion". Nothing like making money off a massacre.

But what would you expect from a guy whose life ambition was to be a ghoul?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The Maine native is a gun owner. He calls for three “reasonable measures” to curb gun violence in an essay titled “Guns,.....”

This seems to be the framing the propagandists...um, I mean MSM have determined is the best way to divide and conquer.

We ought to start a drinking game where we create a thread and every time somebody posts up a legitimate, unique, link that has this "reasonable measures" phrase, or one of its common derivatives, you have to take a drink....we'd be hung over for a week.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This seems to be the framing the propagandists...um, I mean MSM have determined is the best way to divide and conquer.

We ought to start a drinking game where we create a thread and every time somebody posts up a legitimate, unique, link that has this "reasonable measures" phrase, or one of its common derivatives, you have to take a drink....we'd be hung over for a week.
    I'm in, I just cracked open a beer.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I have already been doing that and I am dieing for a glass of water and some sleep :D

BigSky85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    GodFearinGunTotin, I love your caption at the bottom of your post. I've said the same thing. Maybe we should exploit his kids by having our kids write letters to them telling them how nice it must be going to school and bed every night, knowing they've got armed protection right outside their door, while ours should be happy to live in homes and schools with no protection at all. At least if their dad had it his way.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    King wrote the stories Cane Rose Up and Rage, both about school shootings. Rage has been linked as inspiration for several shootings.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And why exactly should we give a flying **** about what he or any other so called "celebrity" thinks?

Screw em :ar15:
    You should care because they have a large pulpit and audience. They CAN and DO manage to shape many peoples opinions on this subject and we need everyone we can get on OUR side, not the side of the banners. What these people say has an effect.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I actually am a fan of some of King's work. Lot's of it is pulpy, and some of it downright Evil Dead campy...but it has it's joie de vivre. I don't understand why anyone would be surprised that an Eastern Maine liberal would come down in the side of gun regulations. Sure, I'm disappointed in Mr. King, as IMHO his best work centers almost entirely on guns and their use as a powerful force for good. But this shouldn't really surprise anyone is all I'm saying. An Academic who is liberal. What's next? Wet water?

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

We would all be dead from alcohol poisoning within a week.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have read and enjoyed King's work over the years, including his seven-novel Gunslinger series, in which gun worship takes an overt, foundational role. He clearly understands the power of the gun as a literary device, a symbol. However, he seems to have a rather poor grasp of the device itself. His books are full of guns, or more correctly gun stereotypes. I marveled how often gun-related inaccuracies popped up in the Gunslinger series.

It really doesn't surprise me that he feels this way. To him the gun is a monster, a clown that eats kids, a Chrysler Fury that eats teenagers, a giant dog that eats grownups. He will continue to trade on the symbolic power of the gun, oblivious to the irony in his desire to deprive the rest of us of our enumerated right.

Bah.

One more reason to read less fiction.

-Paul

richieray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Kewanna

I disagree we would never get sober long enough to get a hangover but count me in

Top Bottom