• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What you do not have is a right to that job. For that reason, it is not government's place to protect your interest in that job, any more than there should be a law controlling (i.e. setting a minimum level of) your productivity at a job.

Well, sadly, I guess she's gonna have an interesting job finding a job when she finishes nursing school. From what I've seen most hospitals are very adamant about vaccinations. Lucky day.

What resulted in a seizure for her last vaccine could very well result in paralysis for the next one. She *is* one of the "tiny" percentage that has had a bad reaction. Guess I'll let you all know if she turns out like this girl,
    simply for heeding the will of her employer as she follows her dream of becoming a nurse. :-/

:hijack:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I can accept that... however, it should be noted that the "contract" could be terminated by either party at a moments notice without cause. This is quite different from my wife's written contract (she is a teacher), which stipulate specific termination conditions. As per that contract, she has agreed to pay to her employeer damages in the case that she terminates the contract outside of the outlined provisions. In return, she can't be fired unless she has commited a breach of the contract. This is VERY different that the majority (I'd guess) of employer/employee relationships.

I agree. I was mainly getting at the point about the relationship between employer and employee. It's voluntary from both ends.

Well, sadly, I guess she's gonna have an interesting job finding a job when she finishes nursing school. From what I've seen most hospitals are very adamant about vaccinations. Lucky day.

What resulted in a seizure for her last vaccine could very well result in paralysis for the next one. She *is* one of the "tiny" percentage that has had a bad reaction. Guess I'll let you all know if she turns out like this girl,
    simply for heeding the will of her employer as she follows her dream of becoming a nurse. :-/

If she's had reactions already, I don't think anyone would expect her to get those same immunizations. I know for a fact that at the hospital where I used to work, if someone had a reaction to TB, they never got the test again, but they got a chest X ray each year.

She also might choose not to work in a hospital... there are lots of opportunities for nurses... Well... at least that's been the pattern up until the travesty of a couple of days ago.

Good luck to her.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom