• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The Rose cheerleaders are overflowing with confidence...

WHIPPERSNAPPER! Why, you! I oughtta . . .

When I was your age, there were no girls on campus and we had to import our cheerleaders from ISU and St. Mary-of-the-Woods! You not only have girls on campus now, but I've seen with my own eyes that some of them really nice looking! Well, I am a creepy old guy who is underemployed, has no life, and lives at home with his parents at age 43, so what do I know? But I digress!

You should be proud of your cheerleaders, Mister Looks-a-gift-cheerleader-in-the-mouth! I'll brook no more of this churlish behavior from you! No, sir! Your insolence must end now!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You're probably right, I shouldn't complain too loud... I also shouldn't make them mad, they're a lot bigger than me!

I'm going to attend a football game this year and take the opportunity to tell them what you said on here.

Let me know where to send the flowers! :oldwise:

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Coach,
    I am bringing my wife tomorrow. Is there a problem in letting her shoot three strings and moving on to the next shooter. I only have three magazines for her pistol.
    She is not coming to participate in any points race. "I" want to get her some more trigger time and practice safe gun handling, aiming and shooting under stress (albiet minimal) and just generally familiarization with her gun.
    I have gotten her a permit, a gun and she SELDOM practices. not to mention she is intimidated by crowds of people and I sincerely hope she shoots tomorrow.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Coach,
    I am bringing my wife tomorrow. Is there a problem in letting her shoot three strings and moving on to the next shooter. I only have three magazines for her pistol.
    She is not coming to participate in any points race. "I" want to get her some more trigger time and practice safe gun handling, aiming and shooting under stress (albiet minimal) and just generally familiarization with her gun.
    I have gotten her a permit, a gun and she SELDOM practices. not to mention she is intimidated by crowds of people and I sincerely hope she shoots tomorrow.

Not a problem. If the mags hold 10-15 it really should not be a problem to get at least four strings. Or as Joe said perhaps mags could be loaned. Bring what you have and we will make it work out. We want more people shooting these matches and more people shooting in general. It's all good.

MamaBryant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    hey guys. I will be shooting my new PINK taurus PT111. I have only shot once and Michael is after me to get use to it so I can "protect" myself if I am not with him. I am very nervous about coming tomorrow and shooting with all you experienced shooters. I sure hope no one laughs at me (Michael says I am a big whimp). Will be an experience for me I am sure.:lmfao:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Don't let the outfits scare you, MamaBryant. I am sure when you see all the gun nerds in their garb, it would be easy to feel like an outsider. However, every match you go to, there will be people who look like regulars who get up to the line and miss. To be a competitor you have to be brave enough to be willing to miss. Being a competitor does not mean you always shoot well, it just means you have the gumption to try.

Don't be nervous, Rhino is every body's favorite whipping boy.... they will hardly notice any other foils.

Best of luck to you tomorrow. A steel match can be a great way to start a new addiction.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    hey guys. I will be shooting my new PINK taurus PT111. I have only shot once and Michael is after me to get use to it so I can "protect" myself if I am not with him. I am very nervous about coming tomorrow and shooting with all you experienced shooters. I sure hope no one laughs at me (Michael says I am a big whimp). Will be an experience for me I am sure.:lmfao:

Nobody will laugh at you. We all know what it's like to be a new shooter (wasn't so long ago for me) and it might feel like all eyes are on you... but in reality, you have nothing to worry about. Come on out and enjoy yourself.

P.S. - I don't have any Taurus mags. I've got just about everything besides that available to me.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Not a problem. If the mags hold 10-15 it really should not be a problem to get at least four strings. Or as Joe said perhaps mags could be loaned. Bring what you have and we will make it work out. We want more people shooting these matches and more people shooting in general. It's all good.

Mags hold 12rds each.
    I could possibly load mags behind the firing line to keeps things moving. we'll cross that bridge tomorrow.

MamaBryant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    I don't really want to shoot to score. I just want to shoot for the experience and to spend time with the loveable hubby :)

Top Bottom