• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    You know, I was at a truck stop one time…when this lady came up and offered to sell me some tail…I couldn’t tell if it was lobster or gator…but I passed…cause a hot as it was, and as far away from the water as were it must have gone bad…I couldn’t see it but I could sure smell it!

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    You know, I was at a truck stop one time…when this lady came up and offered to sell me some tail…I couldn’t tell if it was lobster or gator…but I passed…cause a hot as it was, and as far away from the water as were it must have gone bad…I couldn’t see it but I could sure smell it!
    Might have been sold several times.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Years ago, a friend was down-sizing his home and gave me an upright freezer. I bought 1/2 a beef from the guy who farmed my cropland. Sidebar: he brought the cow over to the house on the way to the butcher, so I could meet my meat. Anyway, 4 years later I threw out what was left. We just don't eat that much meat. I gave the freezer to a co-worker.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    If I could find real horse meat, I'd buy it.

2015, Vilnius, Lithuania - there was a place we stopped at called "Meat Lovers" that advertised horse meat, but they were out that night. :(
    While in Iceland, stopped by a restaurant that had three meat choices: 1) puffin 2) horse 3) whale.
    I chose whale — very fishy tasting beef. If I ever get to Iceland again, will try the horse.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Went to an Amish meat market that everyone raves about. Meh. Prices are slightly above Sam’s for beef, quality does not appear to be better.
    Got a couple of “minute steaks” to try — turned out to be mechanically tenderized low quality cuts. Grilled them, 2 mins a side, the texture and taste are close to McDonald’s burger patties. Never again.
    Sirloin steaks were ok, not as good as not-Amish meat place near Logootiee.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Me and the neighbor here hit an Amish community yesterday. Most of them have signs up advertising their particular wares or services.. but we stopped at every house and asked them what they'd sell anyway. Got watermelons $1 each and some pretty good tomatoes for $1 per 10.

Top Bottom