• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    How have we come to the place that Government makes these choices within private businesses? I never have smoked in my life.Sure could not afford to now,but out of control government mandate is much more hazardous to our health than tobacco smoke!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences.
    -Lewis

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    At what point to people wake up and put the put the beast back into its cage where it belongs?

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    At what point to people wake up and put the put the beast back into its cage where it belongs?

Gas, $10 per gallon
    Electric bills, 40% higher than now
    Food, 50% higher than current
    True unemployment, 25%
    National debt ceiling raised beyond the point that the interest on our national debt exceeds the [STRIKE]funds stolen[/STRIKE] taxes from the citizens.
    1st, 2nd, 4th, 9th, and 10th Amendements repealed or changed for "security". The feds are trashing each as we bang on our keyboards.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Gas, $10 per gallon
    Electric bills, 40% higher than now
    Food, 50% higher than current
    True unemployment, 25%
    National debt ceiling raised beyond the point that the interest on our national debt exceeds the [STRIKE]funds stolen[/STRIKE] taxes from the citizens.
    1st, 2nd, 4th, 9th, and 10th Amendements repealed or changed for "security". The feds are trashing each as we bang on our keyboards.

And still the blind bleating sheep march on through the stockade to their slaughter.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Whenever something like this comes up, I immediately start distribution through my VFW (by hardcopy, since those guys are old), and my email chain. I have turned into our own little S-2 shop in my area.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I am strongly against smoking but others can make their own decision on smoking.

I stated that to say this: THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO BUSINESS TELLING A PRIVATE BUSINESS THEY CAN'T ALLOW SMOKING. I will decide whether to frequent these business.

I am a regular coffee drinker at the VFW. I believe this is the last place that should be told that they can't smoke. These members have all served in combat zones to protect our countries freedom.

Love my country, dislike my government.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    They should have the stones to make it illegal if it's so bad. Better yet quit taxing it and then you can tell me where I can and can't smoke if I so choose.
    I'm glad I will soon be 50 years old because I don't want to live in the country my grandkids will be living in.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've got a hundred reasons not to like cigarette smoke; among them, my father died of emphysema, I'm mildly allergic, and my mother's death at an early age was likely due to smoke, at least in part. But this sort of busy-body lawmaking is wrong, and it's only the beginning. If we don't stop this trend of letting lawmakers tell us what we can and can't do for "our own good", we'll be slaves to every popular nostrum and fad that comes along. It's starting to happen via the health insurance industry today.

Foodman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    I'm an exsmoker and I would much rather go to non smoking places than smoking BUT I think that it should be up to the owner. It is a slippery slope when the government begins banning nonilleagal activites for our own good.

miguel's sister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Red dot in a blue state
    I quit smoking 4 years ago this month. I can't stomach the smell however what others wish to do is their own business. The government has NO say here, none. If you don't want to be exposed to cigarette smoke, go elsewhere.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Its the peoples choice. But, its easier & cheaper to get a statewide ban than to lobby every town and city to implement regulations. Its called "me too politics".

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I am an avid non-smoker, but I do not believe the Govenment has the right to decide where free people can or cannot smoke. Another Government intrusion on the individual.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Progressives are all for choice when choice involves certain death for those with no say in the matter and no ability to exercise free will for another alternative.

In matters where individuals may exercise their free will to patronize alternative private enterprises, progressives will not tolerate choice.

Here are just two local examples of such progressives.

Erika Smith: Indiana's smoking debate boils down to making a choice about residents' health | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

Matthew Tully: Indiana Senate's weakened smoking 'ban' is an embarrassment | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

Frankly, I have nothing more than disdain for such progressive pieces of ****.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Child labor laws are ruining America. I don't understand how government can dictate who I can and can't hire. Now they want to prevent my employees from getting cancer. The nerve of these people. :xmad:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I lived for almost 21 years with a mother and father who smoked a pack and a half between them every day-in the house, car, wherever. I can't stand smoke. BUT I'm disgusted with the idea of any govt agency-city, state, federal-making it illegal anyplace.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    What else can they tell you that you can and cannot tell you to do on your own private property if they can ban smoking?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I set smoking policy on MY private property.

Other people have the right to set smoking policy on THEIR private property, and if I disagree with it I have the right to leave.

ANY law that interferes with this concept is a threat to liberty and our republic.

BY the way, I'm a non-smoker.

Top Bottom